Thread: nome september

Default nome september

i now know i will arrive in nome on the 13th sept can you please let me know what to expect i have got a map of the road system.is there any rea;istic chance of a silver as i can not afford a extra trip to kodiac.

Note to forum newbies, don't call yourself TOURIST

This guy asked a question on August 7th, 2006 and got only my reply

Ha ha...

I was reading in the archives and couldn't help myself.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Ironic enough someone will almost certainly read this now and provide all sorts of info without realizing it a 4 year old thread...

The mouth of the Nome River is just a mile or two from town and good silver fishing can be found there on the rising tide. If you can get access to an atv, ride the beach north of Nome to Cripple Creek. It is right beside a gold mining camp and while a small river, silvers stack up deep in there. Stop by the BLM office near the post office and check out the map on the wall. They will tell you about many good rivers near the road system. Rent a truck and check them out. Sept can be great fishing in Nome. Have fun and take lots of pictures to share with us after your trip.

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

My old man was in the guard (AGR) and went up to do some training in Nome quite a few years back, he came home raving about the fishing on Cripple Creek. I may have to make a trip up there one of these days to see if it is as good as he claimed.

Ain't much to Cripple Creek. Maybe 15 miles or so up the beach from Nome. Silvers stack up in a big way though. I was amazed at how many were in this 10' hole right by the ocean. From Aug 8th, 2005.

What hole? All I see is a picture of a bear with a fish

Ha ha... Yeah, I was up to about 330 back then

If you are looking at the picture, to the left (my right) is the hole. It is about 40 yards from the ocean. Very short, but deep hole. Like fishing in a big fish bowl. The saying, "Shooting fish in a barrel" comes to mind.