Thread: Juneau Herring (bait)

Default Juneau Herring (bait)

There seems to be a shortage on blues and purples in Tom Brown's this year...

Any leads on decent sized bait is appreciated.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

A&P had a pretty good supply the other day. Picked up a few packs and brined them.

Quote Originally Posted by kjashen View Post
    A&P had a pretty good supply the other day. Picked up a few packs and brined them.
    Thanks... I'll chech it out.

I 'll take "last years" blue to this years green 100 times out of 100.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

I always run greens and blues together, ya never know which size they will like. Taku Smokeries or Glacier Seafoods(by the ferry terminal) might have some cases of herring blocks (commercial size).

I don't think there's been a year in the last 10 when SuperBear and WesternAuto didn't say there was a "shortage"... I reminded Max of the record sac roe haul this year, and he stopped with the sales pitch...

It DOES make it easier to get what you want when you buy 3-6 cases in February instead of waiting until it's sunny for a week straight and everyone and their "cousin" is launching a boat or fishing off the Rock at N. Douglas! ;-)

-Case
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by CanCanCase View Post
    I don't think there's been a year in the last 10 when SuperBear and WesternAuto didn't say there was a "shortage"... I reminded Max of the record sac roe haul this year, and he stopped with the sales pitch...

It DOES make it easier to get what you want when you buy 3-6 cases in February instead of waiting until it's sunny for a week straight and everyone and their "cousin" is launching a boat or fishing off the Rock at N. Douglas! ;-)

-Case
    I figured it was Paul's absence at Superbear this year that caused the "shortage."

I like bigger baits cause I use big hooks...they tend to last longer under my abuse.