Thread: moose pass/ Upper trali lake, trail creek

Default moose pass/ Upper trali lake, trail creek

looking for any first hand info on upper Trail Lake and Trail Creek. when does it usually thaw. how deep/fast is Trail Creek. is it possible to use a motor to get up river? looking to try and do a spring hunt in the area. would either be using a inflatable canoe or a small Zodiac. Any and all info would be helpful.

Default Moose Pass***

Just Up There 4/1/08 Fresh Snow And Lake Still Froze Up... Heading Up Again 5/13/08 To Check It Out Maybe Walk In A Couple Miles On The Train Tracksto See If Theres Any Thing Moving On The Hillside..
    Theres Allready Been A Brown Bear Mauling On The Penn. So There Probably Moving Around In Other Areas

Default any updates

was wondering if any one driving to or from seward could give me a update on the trail lake there in moose pass. is it still frozen or has it thawed?

Default Trail Lake update

Came back from Seward last Sunday the 4th. The upper part of the lake was open for maybe 2-300 yards.

Smile

Yeah, Kenai lake is 90% open except the very upper end. Trail lake thaws much later and is still frozen with snow all around it. Try Kenai lake first. Good luck.
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

Default Any updates?

Does any one know if the ice is out on the lake yet? if u have driven to or from seward in the last week or so could u help me out? thanks again

Wasn't on the 11th
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."