Thread: Parks Highway shooting range?

Default Parks Highway shooting range?

I am looking for information about the shooting range on the parks highway.

I think it is somewhere between Willow and Bonnie Lake? It is on the east side of the highway. I have only ever got a glimps of it as I am driving full speed whenever I go by it.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Are you talking about the one close to the "Y" if so here ya go

http://www.susitnashooters.org/
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

It's going to be a couple months before it opens up again at this rate. It's a soupy, muddy mess for most of May into June.

They close it?
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Yes. There is not much interest in the winter around here and the range is rarely open in the winter. They are making progress on covered shooting positions and one sheltered position for winter.

It's a club run range so they need volunteers to man the rangemaster positions. Right now they are scheduled to be open on weekends throughout the summer. Otherwise the only way you can shoot there is to be a rangemaster or know an approved one to bring along.

The soil types of the range make it a mucky mess in the spring. Depending on how nice the weather is will determine when it's possible to park, walk to the targets, etc..without getting stuck in the mud. Right now there is still two feet of snow out there in places.