Thread: Any Kings in Juneau yet?

Default Any Kings in Juneau yet?

I've been looking around on the site and haven't seen any posts about catching Kings in Juneau yet. Anyone have any luck so far?

Quote Originally Posted by chauvotsm View Post
    I've been looking around on the site and haven't seen any posts about catching Kings in Juneau yet. Anyone have any luck so far?
    See the thread titled Spring Kings Juneau...

We have a report of a small one caught.

I'll try again tomorrow.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

Quote Originally Posted by chauvotsm View Post
    I've heard that one was caught last weekend at False Outter.

Default False outer

Talked to a guy who goes out to false outer every day. He says there has been 13 kings caught there this yr so far that he knows of. He also said at the very least one a day is being pulled out of there.

Hoochies are hot in my area. Kings aren't touching herring.. I put eight in the boat this week on a 3.5 Gold Star O39R. Give it a try with a 11in Hot Spot Flasher, 40 inch 30lb leader, twin 3/0 Red Gamakasu hooks, and Pro Cure herring gel. I also tried a single hook rig, with the hoochie, and never got a bite. Fish deep.

Quote Originally Posted by 270ti View Post
    Hoochies are hot in my area. Kings aren't touching herring.. I put eight in the boat this week on a 3.5 Gold Star O39R. Give it a try with a 11in Hot Spot Flasher, 40 inch 30lb leader, twin 3/0 Red Gamakasu hooks, and Pro Cure herring gel. I also tried a single hook rig, with the hoochie, and never got a bite. Fish deep.
    Where's your area?

Ruger.. he is south of here and fishing for different kings.

These that are/will be passing through are HUNGRY and heading for home.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger01 View Post
    Where's your area?
    I'm SW of Juneau, but hoochie colors usually remain hot up and down the coast of SE AK.

Another observation of this year vs previous years is that the fish are further off the beach and deeper. Normally the crackerjacks are catching kings trolling shallow next to the kelp this time of the year. One of the best older native fishermen in my area blanked 4 days in a row fishing his normal pattern with herring, while the deep trolling sport fishermen where limiting out a few hundred yards away on hoochies. (Trolling at least 120ft, some down to 180ft)

Quote Originally Posted by SoggyMountain View Post
    Ruger.. he is south of here and fishing for different kings.

These that are/will be passing through are HUNGRY and heading for home.
    Haha! It's a good thing I don't live in an area that has smart kings that don't eat!