Thread: advice Anchorage/Kenai area approx September 15 - 28

Default advice Anchorage/Kenai area approx September 15 - 28

I'll be in the Anchorage area from approx September 15 - 28 and am looking for fishing advice for that time period. I'd prefer fly-fishing for salmon (silvers I suppose that time of year) and trout. Any recomendations for rivers/areas/flies would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Default no one has responded yet so....

seems to me that no one is wanting to provide much adive althoigh numerous people have veiwed my inital inquiry. That's all fine; I'd like to assume that the people that have veiwed my post were checking to see the responses for advice given......if anyone has any advice please respond!

If silvers are what you're looking for, there is a late run of them in whittier, but you might have to take a charter for them. I'm not sure how the bank fishing there is, never done it myself. Trout fishing on the Kenai should be pretty good then, although prepare yourself for some cold weather, its going to be a bit chilly that time of year.

Default Wildbio

I'll shoot you an email I'm around that time as well and have a few areas that should be great@

Default Commercial Flights

If you're interested in flyfishing for silvers in late September, have you considered taking a commercial flight to either Cordova or Kodiak?