Thread: Who you gonna call?

Question Who you gonna call?

So a couple of buddies and I will be hunting POW for black bear via a 16ft skiff. As a precautionary measure we will have a sat phone along. My questions is, should we get in trouble, who do we call?

Obviously some situations may require more immediate emergency help than others, so who can tell me what protocol should be followed? Anyone have the appropriate phone #'s for help in the Craig / Klawok area?

Thanks,

Elkwhisper

I would think the Coast Guard would be on your list along with the #'s of some good friends and State Troopers to name a few.

make sure to have the harbormasters number from the closest port, they seem to be way faster than the coast guard sometimes
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

I was thinking pizza and beer. Sorry wrong kind of emergency

Default Kulis ANGB Rescue Coordination Center

Great link above to the post with the phone numbers.

I recently purchased a used sat phone from a helo pilot out at Kulis. He said the quickest rescue was to call the Kulis Resue Coordination Center (RCC) directly, the # (907) 428-7230. A helo can be dispatched very quickly with a Herc following for additional fuel and support. These guys are very good at what they do. Then I would call the Troopers and Coast Guard.