Thread: Family trip this weekend!!!

Default Family trip this weekend!!!

I would like to take the kids 3 and 8 fishing this weekend. Can decied where to go. Any suggs would be great. Headed back to slope next week so I would love to get them on a few fish!

Thanks in advance!
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Default IN los-anchorage

Willing to travel up to 5 hours each way.
    Thanks

The weather has been really nice in the valley. Finger lake campground is open and FREE! The lake however, is still a sheet of ice and people are still ice fishing out here from what I have heard. If you are into that kinda stuff, there could be some fun to be had. I took the boat last weekend to Seward and it was fun, but chilly. It is only going to get better and better here on out

It is the last weekend the kenai is open. Some good success there last week from a couple of buddies. They were floating though. Lakes are still locked up so with a little one in your hands it is a tough call this weekend. Either way getting out to spend some quality time with the kids is worth it. Maybe just camp at finger lake, have the fire and snacks and enjoy the kids. Just my .02 worth
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default North?

given your willingness to drive, Quartz lake near Delta Junction can be very good in the spring...the campground there is nice, too. I'd imagine the ice there is still fine, but don't know what the snow cover is like, if you're considering camping.
    Last edited by MRFISH; 04-22-2008 at 20:23. Reason: add'l info

Default great advice

Quartz sounds good. I was thinking seward but only have a 16' boat and don't know where to catch rock fish without going 12 miles out. Rock fish are so much fun for kids. Bait the hook and tell them to let line out untill they hit bottom and real up really slow. Works great and those 3-8 pound fish fight really good on a light action pole.

Thanks and keep the info coming.