Thread: chulitna unfrozen???

Exclamation chulitna unfrozen???

My dad,my brother and I are going to float the chulitna river this spring hoppfuly in a week or so to shoot a bear and, we were wondering if anyone knows what time the upper chulitna river is unfrozen or if you know if any rivers near talkeetna are unfrozen THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP - Jimbo
    Ron Paul 2008 RESTORE OUR CONSTITUTION

TRY JESUS

ILY

Default Drove by the Chulitna on April 21st

Quote Originally Posted by lucky_boy View Post
    My dad,my brother and I are going to float the chulitna river this spring hoppfuly in a week or so to shoot a bear and, we were wondering if anyone knows what time the upper chulitna river is unfrozen or if you know if any rivers near talkeetna are unfrozen THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP - Jimbo
    We got a good look at the Chulitna driving back from Fairbanks Monday. it was looking pretty frozen especially at the east fork bridge mile 183. There wasn't much open water at the lower bridge either. I'd give it the first week of May at least. The snow pack didnít' seem too deep up there this year, maybe a couple feet. But the first run off of the spring can really make the Chulitna rage early season. Be sure to check the River forecast center for the river flows before you make your trip.

Be safe!

Jim King
    Alaska Series Inflatable Boats,
    The Toughest Bottoms in the Business,
    River Rafts, Catarafts, Inflatable Kayaks,
    Inflatable Canoes, Inflatable Sport Boats,
    Inflatable Jet Boats, Tenders and Dinghies.
    WWW.alaskaseries.com
    (907)248-2900

Drove over the east fork on Sunday and there was a group of snowmachiners riding up it as we drove by. The area has got alot of snow this year. I run a bait stand in the area and it is usually around the May 10th when the river is open and muddy with ice chuncks. I am betting this year it will be much later. The Talkeetna is just starting to open up but will be a while tell it's clear. Late spring is hurting alot of us moose muncher hunters!

Default aww that sucks :(

dang that sucks alot but thanks for all the help you guys are awsome !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazersteve View Post
    Drove over the east fork on Sunday and there was a group of snowmachiners riding up it as we drove by. The area has got alot of snow this year. I run a bait stand in the area and it is usually around the May 10th when the river is open and muddy with ice chuncks. I am betting this year it will be much later. The Talkeetna is just starting to open up but will be a while tell it's clear. Late spring is hurting alot of us moose muncher hunters!

TRY JESUS

ILY

They were crossing the main Chulitna just downstream of the Princess Hotel up until a few days ago on snowmobiles. They will probably get a foot of snow up there tonight if this weather keeps up. I would be you are looking at a minimum of two to three weeks before you could safely raft it.

I just got off the phone with a customer up at mile 158 on the Parks Highway (10 miles north of Byers Lake) 13" of new snow since last night.

13 inches dang!!!!! looks like were gonna have to wait a while thats AKDoug i doubt that the bears are up yet or there up and dying man has there bin any bear sightings???????? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I just got off the phone with a customer up at mile 158 on the Parks Highway (10 miles north of Byers Lake) 13" of new snow since last night.

TRY JESUS

ILY

Yes, there have been bears out and about. The problem is that while there is new snow the snow underneath is pretty rotten. Conditions for snowmobile hunting are going to be pretty bad when this storm is over.

yeah thats gotta suck last year was just way to much fun when we floated and there was sooooooooo many bear tracks we saw 2 brown bears it was scary and i cought a MONSTER grayling it was so fun by the way do you own a lodge or something out there i noticed that you said client just wondering THANKS AGAIN

Yes, there have been bears out and about. The problem is that while there is new snow the snow underneath is pretty rotten. Conditions for snowmobile hunting are going to be pretty bad when this storm is over.

TRY JESUS

ILY

Nope. I own the local hardware store. I have customers from Cantwell to Willow and in to Talkeetna I'm doing a delivery to Cantwell on Monday..I will check out the rivers for you then.

thats neat i always thought it would be fun to own a local store in the middle of nowhere THANKS AGAIN

Nope. I own the local hardware store. I have customers from Cantwell to Willow and in to Talkeetna I'm doing a delivery to Cantwell on Monday..I will check out the rivers for you then.

TRY JESUS

ILY

Default any updates???

has anyone seen the chulitna river or been to talkeetna yet thanks in advance

TRY JESUS

ILY

Thumbs up check out "east fork of chulitna" in the forum

I posted a report on the Chulitna a couple of days ago. Check it out in the forum under the subject "East Fork of the Chulitna".

Let me know if you have any questions. I might be able to help. I will be on the river this Friday-Monday with my family.

Illiya