Thread: Leica binoculars broken leather strap help?

Default Leica binoculars broken leather strap help?

Hi all,

This is my 1st thread here. I have an old 10x40 Trinovid with a broken leather strap. I just want to get rid of the leather strap as it is cracked many places. However, it seems Leica doesn't give me the option as the strap is riveted to the binoculars. Anyone ever experienced such nuisance and knows how to replace the strap?

Default Bino System

I'd look at replacing with a bino system. If your binos look like the ones in this pic, then its pretty straight forward if I remember after installing it on my binos. Attatch two small key rings to the small brackets on the outside most portion of each side of the binocs in the pic that are even with the focus knob. Then attached the key rings to the plastic clips on the bino system.

Of course this is all null and void if you don't have the same set of binocs and don't have the small brackets described above.

I am at work so can't take pictures. I got some pics from Ebay here. They are much older than yours.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I suppose if there was enough leather left, you could cut the leather back to about 3" or so from the rivets then double back the tag ends and stitch. Then just about any system you wanted could be attached to the loops. That's kind of "rigged" but it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by akav8r View Post
    I suppose if there was enough leather left, you could cut the leather back to about 3" or so from the rivets then double back the tag ends and stitch. Then just about any system you wanted could be attached to the loops. That's kind of "rigged" but it would work.
    I would probably riivet it instead of stitch but a good idea.

Thumbs up Thanks all ..

I have found a simple solution. I used a strap hinge from an old camera bag. It works like a champ! Here it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images