Thread: Benelli Nova series

Default Benelli Nova series

Does anyone have any experience using these shotguns. I was thinking of getting one for an all purpose, but mainly to just go out and shoot some clays with the guys. Any comments and information would be appreciated. Thanks Tarsyn

Default Get the Supernova

I had the old style, bought two new Super Novas as gifts, shot them and the people just loved them also. I had the nova with the mercury recoil reducer in the stock. The Super Nova kicks less and has good features that the regular one doesn't. Makes it truley a all around gun. Shoots slugs fine and 3.5 loads fine, hard to find though. I have one in camo, about $100 less in just black, what the ones I bought for the gifts were and they liked them. Said they looked classier than camo for going to Grouse Ridge. Not really hunters though. I am a fan.

Default nova

I have used the Novas and Supernovas quite a bit....have friends that own them both. They seem to like them, I like the way they shoot. I have always been a die hard 870 guy; its been a while since I looked at prices but you may want to consider the 870 also. You can usually get one pretty cheap at the gun shows.

I have a Nova now, it's a good gun for sure, don't love it like I loved my old 870 tho, that gun just fit well in my hands and shot where the birds were. Both are great, I prefer the 870 tho, go to a gun shop and see which feels better in your hands and bringing it to your shoulder.

The best thing about them is you can take them apart without any other equipment. A real smart design. Jim

I have had a Nova for over a year, my son bought one about 5 years ago. No problems, or complaints. Take it in the canoe loaded with 3" Brenneke. Seems to handle 2 3/4, 3, 3 1/2 all equally well.
    Good Luck and enjoy!

Keep an open mind and take a look at the Beretta shotguns as well. Good stuff there.