Thread: Is a USCG License required for...

Default Is a USCG License required for...

commercial raft operators? in fresh water, whether or not a motor is used?
    If so, does someone have a link to the USCG requirements?

Default The Requirements very state to state

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Poke View Post
    commercial raft operators? in fresh water, whether or not a motor is used?
    If so, does someone have a link to the USCG requirements?
    Boat Registration is regulated by the state DMV so the registration requirements very state to state. As a boat dealer I'm required to register all new boats that are built for outboard use. In General any boat with a transom needs to be registered.
    I'm not sure about commercial raft operators. I think there are other government agencies that regulate different rivers and may have different rules for commercial use in specific rivers. After all they are from the government and they are here to help! Right?

Jim King
    Alaska Series Inflatable Boats,
    The Toughest Bottoms in the Business,
    River Rafts, Catarafts, Inflatable Kayaks,
    Inflatable Canoes, Inflatable Sport Boats,
    Inflatable Jet Boats, Tenders and Dinghies.
    WWW.alaskaseries.com
    (907)248-2900

Default Tough bottoms?

I have a question for ya? Tough bottom? Why on your grizzly claw bottoms,do you not cover the whole bottom of boat. If this was the case then,yes you could say they have the toughest bottoms of all inflatables. easy fix! getrdone!

Default Tough Bottom Inflatable Boats

Quote Originally Posted by buckwear View Post
    I have a question for ya? Tough bottom? Why on your grizzly claw bottoms,do you not cover the whole bottom of boat. If this was the case then,yes you could say they have the toughest bottoms of all inflatables. easy fix! getrdone!
    BuckWear,
    Is there a specific Alaska Series Inflatable boat model you’d like to see built tougher?
    I’ve custom built several extra heavy duty boats for many customers.
    If you have a specific way you want one of the Alaska Series Boats beefed up,
    I’d be more than happy to have one built custom for you.

I use the Grizzly Claw Armor® in key areas covering the air chambers where an Inflatable boats need the most protection. The Grizzly Claw Armor® is more than just the wide rub stake molding.
    It's a 3 layer system made up of 2 layers of boat fabric covered by the 12" wide armor rub strake molding. For a visual picture I've attached a JPG file that show's a drawing of the 3 layer system.
    To Use such a system on the entire boat bottom would add weight in areas that may not get the same type of wear. Adding the 3 layer Grizzly Claw Armor® on the entire boat bottom would also affect the roll size of the boat.

Jim King
    Alaska Series Inflatable Boats,
    The Toughest Bottoms in the Business,
    River Rafts, Catarafts, Inflatable Kayaks,
    Inflatable Canoes, Inflatable Sport Boats,
    Inflatable Jet Boats, Tenders and Dinghies.
    WWW.alaskaseries.com
    (907)248-2900
    Attached Images Attached Images