Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Made it out!

Default Made it out!

We hit the 1:30 tunnel on Friday. The parking lot is loaded with snow still. They were lining rigs up along the snow berm at the edge of the parking lot.

I ran inside and bought my season launch and parking. Note: they have the west ramp blocked to do some repairs, also cutting out all the rebar from the east lauch and patching it. The guy I talked to said the east ramp revamp is scheduled for this next construction season this fall.

STILL FLOATS!

Got a chance to test out the new Zodiak Zoom 10'2" and Tohatsu 9.8 4-stroke.

... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Default Few More

The new setup in the sunset

My greenhorn

Towed pretty well up to about 21 MPH and then started to act a little squirly.

Default Last but not least

Think I am going to have to upgrade this guy to full share, he was poping heads with the best of them!

For those of you that saw my inquery on a temporary solution for the kicker here is what I came up with.

We didn't do any fishing but enjoyed the weather and playing with the new Zodiak while waiting on the pots to soak. All in all ended up with 6 1-gallon Ziplock bags full of tails. The guys told me the count was 868. Allot of average size spots with a few mosters mixed in. Few strips to...

Hit the 6:00 tunnel back on Saturday.

MAN, IT FEELS GOOD TO BE ON THE WATER!!!!!!!!

Default Great pictures

It looks like a good time. I CAN'T WAIT!

Default Awesome!

Looked like a great time! What are they charging for the season pass this year?

Man, it's all worth it...When you see you kid smile like that!

Nice pics.
    Combat Vet by choice! Defender of this great nation and people (Which unfortunately also includes the stupid and the ignorant.)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_R_ZqAiK-e_U0M:<a href=http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/hockey/ARCTICLIONS/Ice_Puppies_Logo_Light_with_shading.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/ho...th_shading.jpg</a>

Support Youth Hockey!
    http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams...Y&s=hockey&t=c

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrown767 View Post
    Looked like a great time! What are they charging for the season pass this year?
    Still $120

Nice pictures. You are just trying to make us all jealous now.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Thanks for the update and the pics!!!!

Can't wait to get out there myself. That will make my next week at work even longer, now !!!!

AkBillyBow

Default Excellent!!!

Looks like you guys had a good time and the weather was nice. Before you know it your little deckhand will be skippering you around the Sound . Nice pics and I CAN'T WAIT TO HIT THE WATER AND START SHRIMPING!!

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    Still $120
    Does that include parking?
    "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by riverboater View Post
    Does that include parking?
    No, I think a season parking pass is $350 or something like that. I just pay for parking on a trip by trip basis.

Smile

DMAN,really nice pic's. Great to see kids out there, but how do you sleep 3 & 1/2 on a 22'. I have the same boat and could use ideas. Thanx

Congratulations- I've seen this boat on the hillside from my bus I believe?

- Nice pictures

- See any Bears out?

Looks like winter still. Nice shots.
    Forgive my ignorance, but what are you guys reffering to when you talk about
    We hit the 1:30 tunnel on Friday.
    ??
    Cheers
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post
    Looks like winter still. Nice shots.
    Forgive my ignorance, but what are you guys reffering to when you talk about ??
    Cheers
    Paul
    Thats what time they went through the tunnel from Portage to Whittier...it opens on the half hour going that direction....

Quote Originally Posted by tomfishhunter View Post
    DMAN,really nice pic's. Great to see kids out there, but how do you sleep 3 & 1/2 on a 22'. I have the same boat and could use ideas. Thanx
    Its tight, I have always just slept three guys across, to side benches with feet in front chairs and then one guy in the floor. When you have a little guy on the boat you make out the bed and he sleeps on the bridge part of the bed with the guys on the floor feet underneath. We use thermarest airpads to make it comfortable. Not a pillowtop but it gets the job done......

Derrick, how do you like schlepping that dinghy motor around? I bought a 10' from Gary King, and have been playing with motor size in my head (there's a lot of room in there to play and run around, after all, I own a boat!), and have been leery of 9.8 because of the weight (81# for the Tohatsu - the lightest 9.8/9.9).

I've been leaning towards the 6hp, which should scoot the dinghy along just fine, but weighs only 55# (again, the lightest available in that hp class).

Thanks,
    John

Default Three days of heaven

Headed out early Friday afternoon and spent the weekend at Harrision. Three days of the calmest water you can imagine, no wind and no waves. Perfect boating and camping weather. Lots of snow-no signs of bears anywhere and we weren't able to hook up with Mr. King but we know he is there.... Lots of ice in Port Wells so be careful if you're in that neck of the woods. Fantastic sunrise both mornings-enjoyed with hot chocolate on the beach watching the otters roll, high flying flocks of Canada Geese heading north and jet streams heading both north and south. After spending time visiting friends and family in the lower 48 I sometimes wonder why we're the lucky ones to live in a place where our weekends are what many people consider a once in a lifetime trip. And the days just keep getting longer and the weather nicer from here on out.
    Ruby at the end of a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Hotel View Post
    Derrick, how do you like schlepping that dinghy motor around? I bought a 10' from Gary King, and have been playing with motor size in my head (there's a lot of room in there to play and run around, after all, I own a boat!), and have been leery of 9.8 because of the weight (81# for the Tohatsu - the lightest 9.8/9.9).

I've been leaning towards the 6hp, which should scoot the dinghy along just fine, but weighs only 55# (again, the lightest available in that hp class).

Thanks,
    John
    The 9.8HP is great. Two guys you can scoot pretty good. Once we got three guys and my son in the boat it slowed down quite a bit and was actually a very comfortable speed.

My plan is to have a bracket off the transom so there is no lifting it in and out of the boat just taking it off the back transom and setting it on the transom of the raft. One guy on the ET and one guy in the raft should be able to do this I think.

I like the power of the 9.8 but it is a little heavy. I am glad I did it though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast