Thread: .458 Lott Reloading Data, Etc.

Default .458 Lott Reloading Data, Etc.

If anyone out there is reloading for .458 Lott and would like to share any of reloading data, I'd appreciate it. I've searched numerous publications and reloading data for the .458 Lott is slim to none.

I've been shooting Hornady 500 grain RN IB bullets with 70 grains of RL-7. Rifle: CZ Safari Magnum.

Default .458 Lott / Watts loading data

I still putting one together i.e. re-chambering my Ruger No. 1 but I'm going to start with the max. .458 Win Mag loads and work up from there.

Ackley suggested loads for the .450 Watts are 95 gr. of 3031 with a 400 gr. bullet and 85 gr. of 3031 with a 500 gr. bullet. I haven't compared these to any other loads so have no comment on them.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

I just built one as well and need to get in some range time with it.
    In the mean time this thread on the AR forum should provide you with a wealth of information:

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/...43/m/191105828

PS: This is a great forum to join with access to a vast amount of information for hunting and shooting. Highly recommend it. Also a great place to buy and sell.
    Tennessee

Plenty of data available: Any Shot You Want by Alphin, A.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

I have been shooting a lot of 350gr Speers out of my 458 Lott. Been loading mostly h322 and ramshot tac. with H322 near max I"m getting 2760fps out of the 350gr speer. I have a few 400gr kodiaks and some 500gr hornady's but haven't gotten around to trying them yet. I'm waiting on the 350 tsx and 400gr woodliegh.

Default site worth looking at

http://www.reloadersnest.com/frontpa...?CaliberID=158

This site has been a great resource for my 45/70, 375 H&H etc. might want to take a look. I have used this site for my 350 & 400 Kodiak's for my 45/70 with very good results.

Now my next question on your 458 lott's? I want one... bad, and am trying to decide on the CZ or the Ruger. What do you recommend or prefer? Or do you know anyone wanting to sell one at a reasonable price. Thanks and good luck.