Thread: Kenai Lake

Default Kenai Lake

Does anyone know if the Kenai Lake is free of enough ice to do some boating? If it's not, on average when does it open up. Looking to get out of town with the wife and thought that would be fun...little glassing and time outdoors.
    Thanks Shane

Default First lake

Was just Coopers landing 3 days ago and the lake at the top was still frozen but it looked like it was starting to thin. The river was cold but the kids still caught a couple of nice 19" rainbows

Default Kenai Lake

Still frozen over most of the lake as of 2pm yesterday. Open in front of Quartz creek and about 300-400 yards above the bridge, but nothing in terms of running a boat anywhere. Hope for any rain and wind to help.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info...was hoping to head down there the 29th...guess I might have to change plans.

Default Ice is out of Kenai Lake

Went by Saturday and it was iced over. Went by Sunday Ice is out for the most part. A couple of the bays across the lake were iced up still. I don't know where you launch from, but if it is under the bridge that is not good. All of the lake ice tried to go down the river and it plugged up the whole top end of the river, but by next week it should be gone. DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT. you know famous last words. "THis should work"

Thank KB...I had to change my plans for that weekend but plan on heading down there really soon. I will be putting in a quartz creek. Shane

Default Kenai Lk Ice

Passed by today coming back to LA from clamming...she is wide open...!!! Saw zero ice.