Thread: Chose my weapon!

Default Chose my weapon!

- Been shopping around alot and finally found what I want

- Ruger 30-06 M77 Stainless steel, Synthetic Stock, Leupold 3x9x40

Sportsmans warehouse only have the Ruger in wood/laminate stock- or a savage in sythnetic but had a blued barrel

- Went into Great Northern Guns today and there it was- Perfect Stainless, Sythetic M77-

Will be purchasing the gear next weekend.

Price tags? - 650$ For the 30-06; 230 For the Leupold

CANT WAIT!

That sounds like a good solid choice. Did you get the hawkeye version? Or is a M77 a M77? Ill admit Im getting pretty dated on my centerfire models.

I carried around a M77 in .270 for along time. It was my first big game rifle.

You reloading for it?

Great Northern beat out Sportsman's by a big margin when I bough my kids' .243 and .270 Mark II's with laminate stocks.

My current favorite rifle is my Mark II in 30-06. I recently changed over from the laminate stock to the old boat paddle stock in attempt to lighten it up a bit. I'm not positive that it was a good decision. We will see when the snow is gone.

Good for ya...the M77 is a good rifle. Wish they would have kept the old tang top safety Oh well, sounds like a nice outfit, happy shooting.

Default ?????

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Great Northern beat out Sportsman's by a big margin when I bough my kids' .243 and .270 Mark II's with laminate stocks.

My current favorite rifle is my Mark II in 30-06. I recently changed over from the laminate stock to the old boat paddle stock in attempt to lighten it up a bit. I'm not positive that it was a good decision. We will see when the snow is gone.

I'm looking to do the exact opposite to mine. The boat paddle may be light, but IMO it is the worst designed stock I've ever owned. Mine is a 35 Whelen, and with that stock it kicks twice as bad as it should. If you decide you're not going to put that laminate stock back on yours, and you're interested in getting rid of it, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    Good for ya...the M77 is a good rifle. Wish they would have kept the old tang top safety Oh well, sounds like a nice outfit, happy shooting.
    Tell me about it. Sold my old tang saftey 300WM years ago. Just did one of those stupid things and realized about a year after that I shouldn't have done that. Back to the mauser bolt safety now. (I wish Ruger would go back to the tang.)
    Combat Vet by choice! Defender of this great nation and people (Which unfortunately also includes the stupid and the ignorant.)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_R_ZqAiK-e_U0M:<a href=http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/hockey/ARCTICLIONS/Ice_Puppies_Logo_Light_with_shading.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/ho...th_shading.jpg</a>

Support Youth Hockey!
    http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams...Y&s=hockey&t=c

Good job! 30 06 is never a mistake. Enjoy!

i love my 7mm M77 with the tang safety! I bought the wife a 308 youth with the 3 pos safety andI really don't like it. Currently every hunting weapon I have has a tang safety (Mossberg 500, 7mm Ruger, and 325 A-bolt SS stalker) I won't buy one with any other safety now! They are great guns but I have muscle memory for the tang safety which lets me use brain power elswhere (brain power is limited...) Congrats on the new rifle they are work horses!

Hard to beat a Ruger stainless in 06. Good sound choice and I know you will have a lot of pleasure using it.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Bought it today!

650 For the Ruger M77 Hawkeye- Stainless/Synthetic

220 For the Leupold 3x9x40

Couldnt be happier

Default Congratulations

Congratulations Fishwhacker on a good choice for a first gun. It should serve you well.

Did they mount the scope for you?

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012