Thread: Lowrance question

Talking Lowrance question

I have a 2859 Bayliner and have a Lowrance LCX111CHD. I'm in the process of trying to figure out a radar unit for the boat. I see no one has talked about the Lowrance units, is this because of no experience or is the Lowrance units the low end. I have used the Lowrance units for several years and like them but have had a couple of problems, which they have been very good to fix. Does any one know if I could put the Raymarine Radar dome on my 111 unit. This unit has the new network system. If the Raymarine would work, would it be better than using the Lowrance unit. Thanks DAN

blue thunder have you checked thae manufacture page? your unit can be hooked up for radar but not sure if it will take other brands. lowrance is here: http://www.lowrance.com/Products/Marine/ they have a few radar on there and your unit is on there if you do a search. hope this helps. jeff

Jeff, yes I have been on the Lowrance web site. My question is, I wondered if the Raymarine radar dome would give me better performance than the Lowrance dome. I don't know how much the dome has to do with seeing what is out there or if it is all in the LCX111CHD unit.

my father-in-law has a lowrance radar on his boat... it is older like early 80's but his works **** good. you can pick up seagulls flying by and even sea ducks skimming the water. i do not see any problems with the lowrance radar products, but like any other marine electronic you have to seal any wire or connections will not be as good in a couple of years, was his only problem. will it work yes, but they are only as good as the user, rember practice practice and practice. get use to using it before you need to rely on it. i know a few people who use them and they are a decent unit. but its like everything else you got to get use to it, as far as using another brand i belive that it is posible as long as output from arch is the same as input on your unit, but check this out before you buy it. just my thoughts. jeff

Talking Thanks

Thanks Jeff, that is the type of info I was looking for. DAN