Thread: King's River

Default King's River

How much snow is there, and could I make it to Ruby Lake? I figure the lake is still frozen and I could get some ice fishing in.

Thanks
    Doug

Any updates on King's River? Sort of getting tired of running Knik and wanted somewhere else to ride. Any updates would be appreciated. Thanks!!!
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

Same story every year. Knik gets boring and there's no snow around here and it's hot out and the other trails SHOULD be open. Well they ain't
    I'm sure you can climb a ways up kings river and then you'll hit the sugar snow in less than a half hour and that's as far as ya go
    This isn't an early spring so far. Kings River will be the first trail to open up all the way but not till next month. Gunsight, Boulder, Pinochle and Eureka are late May early June.
    If you want an indicator just watch the mountains to the northeast of palmer. When the snowline climbs more than halfway up you can probably get into the Glenn trails. There is no snowline right now it's ALL snow

Snug knows about spring time atving at KR I'm sure people were riding KR last weekend and they probably had no problem geting to the lake seeing how that isn't very high up.

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    Snug knows about spring time atving at KR I'm sure people were riding KR last weekend and they probably had no problem geting to the lake seeing how that isn't very high up.

I have no idea of what you could be talking about

DWS keep me posted on the snow line, I can't see it from here

Quote Originally Posted by Snug View Post
    I have no idea of what you could be talking about

DWS keep me posted on the snow line, I can't see it from here
    I'm as anxious as anyone. This is not the year to be wasting gas running up the Glenn to be turned back by wet sugarsnow

Lots of ATVERS trying to beat a trail in there and at Permente this Sunday. Anything on a northern slope is still snow. Moose Creek still iced over as is Granite Creek, and Kings River. That in itself is a good indicator that its a little early. The first mile of Permente up the mountain to the bluff is pretty muddy and it gets worse from there. Slick mud over frozen road bed, dont go too fast around the corners, its slip slidding away!