Thread: .50 BMG falling block

Default .50 BMG falling block

Hi there;
    I received a book including drawings for a Big 50 single shot last xmas.
    There was a video to complement it which I just purchased and I was aghast at the old fellows machining techniques, however, the old fart gets the job done.
    Anyway, the biggest thing I don't like is the configuration, it is all steel and looks totally military. I would rather build a falling block and disguise it as a Sharps rifle.
    Does anyone have machine drawings of a Sharps action? I sold my Sharps so I can't look at it and make my own revisions.
    Thanks,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by snowshooze View Post
    Hi there;
    I received a book including drawings for a Big 50 single shot last xmas.
    There was a video to complement it which I just purchased and I was aghast at the old fellows machining techniques, however, the old fart gets the job done.
    Anyway, the biggest thing I don't like is the configuration, it is all steel and looks totally military. I would rather build a falling block and disguise it as a Sharps rifle.
    Does anyone have machine drawings of a Sharps action? I sold my Sharps so I can't look at it and make my own revisions.
    Thanks,
    Mark

I have the drawings for the 1874. You can purchase them on line if you need them.

http://www.buffaloarms.com/browse.cfm/4,51.html

Sure glad I got mine when they were under 30.00!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson