Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Waterfowl Sightings in Alaska

Default Waterfowl Sightings in Alaska

Anyone see any waterfowl arriving in their area of the State yet ?

yep. they are here on the kenai flats

Yep, just saw ducks, geese and swans in Palmer.

Geese! Lots of geese on the Park Strip!

I've seen geese and ducks for quite awhile... not sure if they're residents.

Yesterday I saw a pair of swans heading north.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

The Geese are at Cambell creek park now and at Westchester Lagoon.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Some Dumb *****es up here where feeding them all winter So they didn't leave.....

But there are Geese at Creamers field.
    Tim

There are some swans and ducks in the homer slough. It is great to see them back.

Quote Originally Posted by mit View Post
    Some Dumb *****es up here where feeding them all winter So they didn't leave.....

But there are Geese at Creamers field.

Those ducks by Peger Bridge? Those are what I call "welfare ducks". They are to lazy to work and fly south for the winter.

Maybe they are illegal alien ducks...Just up here to do the work that other american ducks just won't do in the winter.
    Combat Vet by choice! Defender of this great nation and people (Which unfortunately also includes the stupid and the ignorant.)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_R_ZqAiK-e_U0M:<a href=http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/hockey/ARCTICLIONS/Ice_Puppies_Logo_Light_with_shading.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/ho...th_shading.jpg</a>

Support Youth Hockey!
    http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams...Y&s=hockey&t=c

Geese and ducks out Knick river
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by .338-06 View Post
    Geese! Lots of geese on the Park Strip!
    I saw them grazing there the other day, which was before I started seeing them here in the Valley.

I've been seeing ducks and swans for a couple of weeks, but the geese finally arrived here in the field in front of our house a few days ago. I've been seeing flocks fly by for the past few days, too.

No cranes yet..........

Lots of geese on base over here at eielson (all lessers). saw a few pintail, mallard, cans and of course buffalo head (buffel head). 4 months 2 weeks and counting down, caint wait to start killing. started getting the rust off the boys (my 2 labs) so they will be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by texhunter View Post
    Lots of geese on base over here at eielson (all lessers). saw a few pintail, mallard, cans and of course buffalo head (buffel head). 4 months 2 weeks and counting down, caint wait to start killing. started getting the rust off the boys (my 2 labs) so they will be ready.
    I guess you don't have a BASH program there. We don't get to many geese any more on Elmendorf. If they do land their not here long . Man I love my job.

still awaiting the first "scout" to fly overhead here in the chandalar country. Some ducks have been cooked up in Ft. Yukon thus far, maybe a sighting of a honker or two from what I gather as well down there. Glad to see I made another winter and to enjoy another "fresh" spring. Life is good.

Quote Originally Posted by AK DUCKMAN View Post
    I guess you don't have a BASH program there. We don't get to many geese any more on Elmendorf. If they do land their not here long . Man I love my job.
    We have a BASH program here but it seems like the ducks and geese could care less. They put out propane cannons and other stuff but the birds get use to it and it doesnt bother them. That is a nice boat in your avatar, what kind of boat is that? I have a Fat Boy DP from momarsh, I need a blind like that one though
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanmoosehunter View Post
    Those ducks by Peger Bridge? Those are what I call "welfare ducks". They are to lazy to work and fly south for the winter.

Maybe they are illegal alien ducks...Just up here to do the work that other american ducks just won't do in the winter.
    Heheeee... Lazy ducks are TENDER ducks!

Brian

We have a BASH program here but it seems like the ducks and geese could care less. They put out propane cannons and other stuff but the birds get use to it and it doesnt bother them. That is a nice boat in your avatar, what kind of boat is that? I have a Fat Boy DP from momarsh, I need a blind like that one though
    Propane cannons only work for so long. We don't use them. But we have more than one trick up our sleeve The boat is my Aqua Pod powered by a 6 hp hd Mudbuddy. I see you have a mount for a motor. Do you put one on it. What length is your boat and the cockpit . My pod is 12 foot with a 8 foot opening. Love it so much wish I had two. The blind is a p-tex frame that can fold down and is held in with 4 pins. Go's in in about 1 min. I have put a lot of ducks down with this outfit
    Sorry guys for hijacking the thread my bad

Quote Originally Posted by AK DUCKMAN View Post
    Propane cannons only work for so long. We don't use them. But we have more than one trick up our sleeve The boat is my Aqua Pod powered by a 6 hp hd Mudbuddy. I see you have a mount for a motor. Do you put one on it. What length is your boat and the cockpit . My pod is 12 foot with a 8 foot opening. Love it so much wish I had two. The blind is a p-tex frame that can fold down and is held in with 4 pins. Go's in in about 1 min. I have put a lot of ducks down with this outfit
    Sorry guys for hijacking the thread my bad
    My boat is 13' with a cockpit that is 7ft long x 29in wide and 90lbs, the cockpit is a little smaller that the aqua pod and it has a gradual rise all the way up instead of the rise and then the flat 90 for the lid. I bought it when I was stationed at McChord in Washington and my buddy got the aqua pod, we could go anywhere with the boats, no duck was safe from us. I wish i had a mud buddy for mine, but the only thing I have put on it is a 2.5hp outboard and a trolling motor once. I havent seen anyone up here with a marsh/layout boat besides us and everyone that sees mine wants one, I am sure you get alot of the same reactions huh? Well maybe come Sept. we can get together and do some layout hunting

My boat is 13' with a cockpit that is 7ft long x 29in wide and 90lbs, the cockpit is a little smaller that the aqua pod and it has a gradual rise all the way up instead of the rise and then the flat 90 for the lid. I bought it when I was stationed at McChord in Washington and my buddy got the aqua pod, we could go anywhere with the boats, no duck was safe from us. I wish i had a mud buddy for mine, but the only thing I have put on it is a 2.5hp outboard and a trolling motor once. I havent seen anyone up here with a marsh/layout boat besides us and everyone that sees mine wants one, I am sure you get alot of the same reactions huh? Well maybe come Sept. we can get together and do some layout hunting
    I have only seen one 12 foot pod down here besides mine .And know a guy that has a 10 footer. Mines the only one with a motor. I had to custom build the mount,and add reinforcement under the lip.I also made the tiller handle on the motor to come off for different reasons. As for going anyplace. You got to love it.The ducks just can hide.
    This thread is officially hijacked.

Default Sandhill cranes

just saw 44 sandhill cranes fly over my house in Anchorage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast