Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Seasport Owners

Talking Calling all Seasport Owners

I have owned my 22' Seasport for one summer and love it. I never get tired of dreaming up new things for the boat. I do have a couple of ideas that I would like to bring up to anyone who has input or has done this to their seasport. Install fishholds into the deck, kicker brackets, racks, rod holders, and many more that I cant think of right now. Silver Streak boats is building my rack right now. I started a thread about a month ago and got exactly what I was looking for out of that thread. Thanks to all that posted.

If possible, I would like to arrange a time and place for as many Seasport owners (regardless of boat size) to bring their boats out to look at. There are lots of large parking lots all over Anchorage we could meet at. I would love to look at some other boats for ideas. Any takers. Myers for sure has one that I want to look at more closely. If a meeting is out of the question, pics would suffice also. If you are like me though, you never have the right picture to show off what you are trying to show off. Thanks. See you all when I see you.
    Kammer
    22' Seasport

Thumbs up

Kammer, I haven't done a whole lot of mods to my 01 Seasport Explorer since purchase other than Wallas stove, electric windlass, Floscan, and few smaller features. I've thought about making a fish hold but the inboard produces enough heat below deck I fear poached fish and/or rapidly melting ice. Send me a PM if you want to come check out my set up. It would give me an excuse to yank the winter tarp off. I live in S. Anchorage. Great idea to share ideas among the few and proud non-metallic V-bottoms! If your idea of a parking lot gathering comes together maybe we could get a CG auxillary volunteer to swing by and get 08 safety inspections out of the way at the same time. Thanks for posting creative idea!

Our's is a 24 XL 2005 model with the 8.1 375 hp motor. Options include the rear helm station, macerator fish hold pump (which is the best thing I ordered on this boat!) and the rail that extends on the back of the cabin roof.

I already have two built in fish hold tanks and I doubt we could ever fill up even the first one. That thing is big enough to hold 600-900 pounds of fish easily. The second one we just use for wet storage.

Added a Floscan and a HT Yamaha 10 hp kicker connected to the main drive with an EZ steer set up. Have the usual down riggers mounted and lots of rod holders as well. Unfortunately all my photos are on a back up hard drive and I havent yet loaded them into this new computer.

Heck with looking at each others boats. Lets meet for dinner. I live in Eagle River if you want to take a peek.
    Tennessee

I would be interested in seeing and meeting with other Seasport owners. Like I have said I have a coho real nice clean boat but I would like to upgrade it for comfort alot of what I would like to do is put shore power in as I have a slip in Seward curtains more rod holders and just tune up the inside for comfort the idea of a inspection would be great also what a picture that would make SS lined up. The C dory crowd calls themselve brats what would we be the upper class men lol

Got a 2004 30' SeaSport Voyager. Love tinkering with it. Just finished installing a satellite radio and antenna and a Macatrac system. I'll be using the Macactrac for mounting rod holders, the barbecue, and our fillet table. Here's a link to info about the Macatrac for anyone who's interested.

http://www.marineandoutdoor.com/prod...age=1&featured

Going to be repainting the bottom this weekend and hopefully she'll go in the water on Monday or Tuesday.

One comment about fish holds. Ours came with one, but we've found it to be completely unusable as a fish hold (just use it for storing cleaning supplies). It protrudes down into the engine compartment, and just isn't sufficiently insulated. Gets so warm in there after a day of running that all the ice is melted and everything thing in there is nice and toasty warm. So, if you're thinking about putting a fish hold in the deck over your engine compartment, make sure it's very well insulated.

Great idea! I would love to see everyones boat, fact when I get ready for my floscan install I will be bugging some of you. I am actually hauling mine down to Silver Streak boats today (Fri. 18th) at 3:00, we are creating a cover for the fish deck without any supports down the back or side, it will be unique! You can't miss my boat, it has the foot high dinghy rack, three foot radar mast, three foot anchor pulpit, and green stripe. If you want to see a boat with a lot of extra different stuff come check it out. Extra moveable seat over the stove, swival helm seat, interior ceiling rod holder, to name a few.

that's a good idea, I would like to see some of your boats. Wish I could bring ours, but it's in Seward and is a pain in the butt to tow.

bhollis we have a 2006 30' offshore and one of the reasons we didn't get as voyager is because there is no fish box. there is a guy in seward named J.D. who used to work for plascem(sp) and he does some really neat fish boxes that he can make look like part of the stern. He's making one for saltwater safari's 32' sea sport pacific cat, and he has the same problem with fish space as you. we haven't had that problem with our fish box getting warm at all, butt the problem we have had was there is standing water in our box even after we pumped it. I had J.D. fix it and it works good now, but sea sport wouldn't pay.
    Boatless

Talking

My fish box is used only for storage, I can get two inflatable kayaks in there bags inside it with some other stuff. Mine does fill with water if the boat is not bow high in the yard. I use a big cooler on the swim step for fish. The cooler has rod holders on it also, its made so the holder is angled back very slightly so the lid opens normally and doesn't touch the rods. Catch very small fish only like my brother-in-laws and you should have plenty of room in your cooler.

Thumbs up Good idea

I have an Explorer 2400. I just did the Floscan install and am working on a remote throttle control for the kicker. I got the EZ Steer working before the King Derby.
    It would be a great idea to get together and have the Coasties show up. Time is getting precious again. The bears are coming out and the fish are coming in.
    Maybe a get together on the water would be fun. It would be something to see, a bunch of Sea Sports tied up in a raft, guys crawling all over looking at each others stuff. Maybe a day derby, $100 a boat, big fish splits the pot with the most fish.
    If we do something in town, I'd drag mine down for a look see.

Kevin
    on the
    Right of Way
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Cool Upper Class Men

Sorry for the delay. I have been having reply issues on my browser.

I was thinking we could meet up this Saturday (26th), say 5:00 pm. If this time slot works for you guys, post it up. I am afraid if we do not meet soon, our boats will be scattered from here to Homer and we may not get another chance until October. I will get the exact where (parking lot) out later cuz I want to call the coasties to see is they will make it too. It would definitely be worth dragging the boat to get a look at all of yours.
    Kammer
    22' Seasport

Our's is stuck in a storage lot surrounded by snow. We can meet but the boat can't.
    Tennessee

Angry

Off to Hawaii for a week starting Friday. Poor me.

Red face

Can't make it, hockey all weekend. I did wire up my pot puller and change a pile of electrical stuff on the engine this weekend, getting it all tune up! The following weekend its going in the shop for some more work. I know what your saying Kammer, were about to spread across the sea! Time to organize a yearly Sea Sport rally like the C-Dory Bratz do in PWS. They pick a cove and a weekend and they all meet there.

Thumbs up Sea Sport Regatta

I can make it. I'll be hung up at a funeral until 4, so try to keep it close to town. I'm hoping to get a good idea for a fillet table.

I like the idea about getting together on the water. The First Annual Sea Sport Regatta.
    Or the First Annual AOD Regatta. Bring all comers!
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Smile

Bullbuster, fillet table on my boat is one of those white marine plastic plywood tables with the two inch sides. It has a mount on the bottom that twists on and off into a rod holder mount on the gunnal. Its is on the side of the washdown hose and next to the BBQ, all can be left in place while running around in the big blue. I added some shims so it mounts tight and solid, just like a table with giant fish on it should be.

Default 30 Sea sport mods

Here is a picture of a tackle storage unit I built under the table in my 30' Voyager, don't know if it will work on the smaller boats. I went through panel and under the gunnel and the large Plano boxes drop in at an angle. Built out of starboard holds 7 thin boxes and 5-3" deep boxes. Got some other little deals I built also, got all winter to dream stuff to do to my ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Plastic plywood

Quote Originally Posted by Myers View Post
    Bullbuster, fillet table on my boat is one of those white marine plastic plywood tables with the two inch sides. It has a mount on the bottom that twists on and off into a rod holder mount on the gunnal.
    Are you talking about one of those folding tables, like 6' long that you cut down? Can you post a pic? Or 2?
    I asked the guy at QAPs big gravel yard if he had any extra HDPE laying around. He asked if I was another fisherman. They use sheets of it to protect motors and stuff.

Does it just hit one rod holder? I've seen one that stuck into 2 rod holders and it looked pretty handy.

Thanks
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

I have pictures, just not on this computer. Give me a few days and I will look for some to post.

Default I'm in

I would be up to a meet been polishing and mounted my new remote stear on my boat turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. as for a sport water meet that would be fun to if it happens on my 2 weeks off. I think it would be great to anchor grill talk fishing and maybe even make a few new friends that enjoy the sport life style

Cool Upper Class Men

I will be there as long as mine is not the only boat there. Mine is a 1986, so no really cool stuff on it. I do have a couple of things I am proud of, in which I will show off. I just bought a house so it is taking up all my free time right now. I have pulled my gas tank, and need to fix an oil leak prior to hitting the water so mine wont be as pretty as Seawolf's, so no laughing. I live in south anchorage but will pull it anywhere in town, but the Walmart over on Old Seward and Diamond has a nice big parking lot. I would make an exception for Snowwolfe cuz he lives in Eagle River, but it looks like his tennis elbow is acting up and he cant shovel a little snow. Input?
    Kammer
    22' Seasport

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast