Thread: Alaska Range pack vs Barneys

Default Alaska Range pack vs Barneys

Read a lot of pack comments and Barneys is usually up at the top. Noticed a comment on another pack made here in the state, Alaska Range Sheep Hunters pack.
    Anyone use this pack and have feedback on it?
    Thanks

I looked at both of these packs and stressed about it for months. The new Kevlar bags that barneys is comming out with sold me and I have a Barneys pack on order. The material seems tougher and very light. The Barneys frame also seemed stronger to me.

I have both, I have used both, I still use my Barney's.

I bought an Alaska Range frame at the Sportsman Show. I haven' t used it yet but will post the results when I do...

I have and have used the ak range pack and its a good pack but it is not waterproof like the dude at the sportsman show told me it was. Very comfortable , though.

How does the weight of the Alaska Range Sheep Hunter pack compare to the weight of the Pinnacle pack and Barney's Freighter Frame? I'm guessing the the Alaska Range pack is much heavier based on the type of material described on the web site.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay9Cop View Post
    How does the weight of the Alaska Range Sheep Hunter pack compare to the weight of the Pinnacle pack and Barney's Freighter Frame? I'm guessing the the Alaska Range pack is much heavier based on the type of material described on the web site.
    I would bet they are comperable if comparing the codura pinnacle bag. I would bet the barneys would be lighter with the kevlar, but you "sacrifice" the camo to go with kevlar.