Thread: Pro Fish - Seward Halibut

Default Pro Fish - Seward Halibut

Anyone use Pro-Fish for a halibut/salmon combo charter? How were they? Any better charters in Seward?

Thanks,
    Mike

Yes. Excellent. No.

You really can't go wrong with those guys...but you better book quick, especially if it's for July.
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

Steve and his crew do a great job. You won't be dissapointed with Profish-n-sea.

I assume most of the boats come in with similar sized fish (i.e., no benefit in going with one boat over another based on their claims of targeting larger fish)?

Thanks,
    Mike

Default Not necessarily

We tried to book with Pro-Fish-n-Sea last year, but they were booked. This was over 8 months before we were coming up. That alone impressed me. We were able to get on Capt. Hoolies boat with Puffin, and we were not disappointed. We fished July 14th, and the seas were pretty ugly outside the bay. We came back to the dock with 60 silvers, 20 chickens and a few black bass(10 people). We were looking like the boat to be while taking pictures. That is until the Pro-Fish 6-pack came in. Limit of Halibut up to 120lbs., grossly huge Lings and a few silvers for the smoker. They were the boat to be that day.

So, to answer your question, no they don't all catch the same siz fish, or numbers for that matter.

An awesome memory of Seward-

Went out with them last year and targetted big Halibut and silvers. We caught several halibut around 100#s and quite a few 40#s and up. Nothing smaller. Also caught Rockfish and Lingcod. Caught most of the fish on light tackle, for the added thrill. Spent the second half of the day limiting out 9 people on silvers. These guys know where the fish are, are very experienced, and fun to fish with. They fish with confidence a lot of other charters don't seem to have.

Default twice

I've been out with Steve two springs in a row. Excellent skipper and service. He will always get my business whenever I book out of Seward. If you are not with a big group you can usually squeeze on as a walk on early in the season, summer he is usually all booked up. You can't go wrong with Profish-n-sea.

Default Top Notch

Steve and his other captains are with out a doubt some of the best in Seward. They consistantly have excellent catches and no, not all boats have similar results. They work hard to see that you get quality fish and have a trip to remeber. But as said earlier you have to book well in advance. Good luck.