Thread: Togiak/Goodnews Next week

Default Togiak/Goodnews Next week

Work is sending me out to Togiak, GOodnews Bay and Dillingham next week. I want to bring a rod, but not sure if there will be any opportunities to fish these areas at this time of year. Its a late spring, but figured I would put the feelers out and see if I get any hits!

Thanks in advance!

Jake

Jake,
    Word from Bristol Bay (King Salmon/Naknek) is it has been coooold out there. On Naknek side of the bay we were usually warmer than Dillingham. At the Dillingham side you will need a vehicle to drive to Alegnegik (SP) the village where the lake empties to the river, there might be open water up there. Google the Dillingham Chamber of Commerce for an email to querry, also ask the place you will be staying. Hope this helps.

George (once lived in Bristol Bay until last year)

Default Thanks!

Thanks George! I will definetly shoot a call that way. I may not have very much time to wet a line, but I figured if I am out there anyways..... Man I wish spring would finally get here!

Thanks!

Jake

Default Ice fishing for dollies

Spoke to some folks from GNU and the river and bay are still frozen over, better luck if you bring a jigging pole and fish through the ice for dollies like the locals. Ice fishing in the spring is the best and I think you will thoroughly enjoy your experience. Good luck.