Thread: Hewescraft Inflatable Motor Mount

Default Hewescraft Inflatable Motor Mount

Hey Hewescraft owners,

Just curious what others are doing for transporting their tender's motor. I don't have a bracket now and need to set something up even if it is just temporary for transport during bear hunting.

Thanks

Derrick
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

I had a bracket fabricated and bolted to the rear of the cabin ont my old hewescraft. That was for a 4 horse. Yours is much heavier and you only need it for this season. Why not just clamp it to a to a 2x6 and bungee it in place up against the cabin?
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    I had a bracket fabricated and bolted to the rear of the cabin ont my old hewescraft. That was for a 4 horse. Yours is much heavier and you only need it for this season. Why not just clamp it to a to a 2x6 and bungee it in place up against the cabin?
    I was thinking of using a 2X6 but wasn't sure what I would bolt it to. This thing is a little heavier than I expected!!!
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Default kicker

My 2 hp clamps to my transom on my Kingfisher. Great place for it, and it's out of the way. I actually have three motors on the back, my 225 hp main, my 20 hp kicker, and my 2 hp dinghy motor. I toss the inflatable in the water and pull it around to dis-mount the 2 hp from the transom. Works great. Don't know if the Hewes has ample transom room for this or not?