Thread: European fish factories...

Default European fish factories...

When I used to spend time on the highway system I frequently ran across entire families (usually men; uncles/cousins/grandfather/father/son) who rented giant RV's and then converted them into mobile fish processors as they camped in them. The catch went back to Europe as checked baggage, and they were all in on it, even canning and smoking right in the campgrounds.

They loved salmon, and they told me the trips were annual events.

Since I've been off the road awhile, I 've been wondering if this still occurs.

Any input would be appreciated...

http://www.alaskanauthor.com

just go to the airport and see the mountains of fish boxes leaving for europe.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

I had a charter trip with some Germans 2 years ago........and they could only take 10lbs back. Don't know if that is true of the whole EU or Germany or just these germans.

I have seen it on the kenai and russian for the last umpteen years and they are making a killing taking it back overseas
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Another reason to limit the amount of fish you can take home.
    As I posted before I think it`s silly that processed fillets don`t count as in possesion.

Just my .02

When I fished Alexander creek last year my father and I watched 3 Germans pull in 7 kings and put them in gunny sacks. These guys sure made me jealous as they were out catching us 3-4 to 1. They new exactly what they were doing.

They came back to our camp and filleted them - 1 at a time. I told them the limit was 1 fish and they pretended not to break the law and then told the camp owner too. When I got back to Anc I told the fish cops about it. They said that there isn't much they can do unless they see it happening.

Later that same day I took the boat as far up as I could - just sightseeing - and the same Germans had 5 new fish laying on the bank next to their dock. Planes coming and going.