Thread: Taurus 44

Question Taurus 44

So the wife does not like toting around the 44 super blackhawk. She loves the power and pop of it and just loves shooting it. Scary I know. The first time she lite it off she just looked at me and smiled and I thought Oh (*^( she likes it. She and I fish all over alot. We do get seperated on the river a bit, around 20 to 100 yards apart. She is looking for something to carry. She is an excellent shot, alaska girl, been fishing up here over 30 years. She and I saw the Taurus 44 with the 4" barrel and she liked it. I have a Gloc .40 semi but she is not impressed with that. What do you all think of this gun? Also any suggestions on a handgun for a lady (whos is kind of small 5'2 140lbs but not scared of any weapon) to shoot. She has shot everything from the 454 to the 22 and all inbetween. I appreciate any input you all have.
    Chuck
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

I was shooting a tracker 44 today. I like it. I have the 41 tracker titanium. The 44 belongs to my BIL.

My 41 only has holes through the top of the barrel and the 44 has an actual port in the end of the barrel not just holes through the top. This should keep the recoil down more in the 44 plus the little extra weight over the titanium.

These PMC silhouhette style bullets chronied 1249 through the 44 mag. They were easy to shoot too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default Tracker

I am talking about the tracker. I have not shot the other model 44's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default nice

Nice pic. My wife really likes that gun for some reason. Im am gonna have to do a bit more research but she is kind of hooked on the 44 and the loads it can shoot and they way she can handle it. Being Petite it is hard for her to carry my 44 blackhawk. That dang 7 1/2 inch barrlel hangs to her mid hip. The short shot is looking good

Just remember that the TRACKER has a shorter cylinder it will not fit those big ol 328 and 330 or 340 bullets unless they have a short nose profile.

There are a few heavy short loads out there like the federal 300 castcore that will fit.

I reload so it is easy for me to feed it.

Good info and I appreciate it. I shoot the 320 special out of my 44. For june it would not be a gun that would be shot often. Sight it in, then just stay accurate with it. Would not be looking at alot of ammo but would want somthing in the 275gr 300gr her. Like I said she is a good shot, but her common sense will take her further in the woods than this gun ever will. I was a bit surprised after all these years of her fishing with me that she is ready to carry one, or wants to. I know she also wants it around the house for when Im out of town.