Thread: Paper Cartridges

Default Paper Cartridges

I made this video today, and I thought maybe some of you might enjoy it. Maybe learn something. I had fun shooting it and editing it together anyway, tell me what you think.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f_PrH1D_Hk

So are you just shooting those out of a regular cap'n ball revolver? You dont use a wad or greese over the chambers to protect against chainfires?

If you want my opinion on the video, I think you should maybe do some narating. Symphony music is a little bizzare to listen to while watching a blackpowder revolver shoot.

Pretty interesting though, maybe Ill do that with my ruger old army.

Also, I was like you with the folded paper for a funnel, but I got one of those funnel caps that go over the powder can. Its a great 3 dollar investment.

Good job though promoting black powder shootin!

I use wax to pervent chianfire. I flake it off with a knife and press into the cylinder with the lever for pushing down bullets. I didn't show it on the video though because it's about paper cartridges. I was going to narrate it, but I thought the video spoke for itself. I don't like the sound of my voice, I thought the music was easier to listen to.

Oh I love paper cartridges. I roll them when it's to rainy to go shooting, and shoot them when it's to nice to be inside. BUT it makes cleaning your weapon way more work, and you have to pick out the paper between reloads. So there is a trade off.

Thanks for your thoughts.