Thread: Yakutat

Default Yakutat

Anyone have a recommendation on lodging in Yakutat? We have about 6 in our group for Aug/Sept. We just need a night after landing, and then a couple nights in Yakutat after staying in the Situk Cabins. We are hoping to stick around long enough to surf a couple waves after fishing.

Red Roof Bed and Breakfast, pick up some steaks he has a new BBQ and area to prepare fish for taking home if needed.

Yakutat Tip:
    2 cases of beer duct taped together is ~50 pounds
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

The five or six times that I have been to Yakutat we stayed at Glacier Bear Lodge. They have decent rooms, good food, internet capabilities, and a place to relax and have a beverage if you want one.

Quote Originally Posted by iceblue View Post
    The five or six times that I have been to Yakutat we stayed at Glacier Bear Lodge. They have decent rooms, good food, internet capabilities, and a place to relax and have a beverage if you want one.
    I have to second iceblue's recommendation; I've stayed there 10 times over the last 9 years.

TL

We always rent one of the FS cabins. We go to the cabin the day of arrival. We come out on the same day of departure with plenty of time to shower & eat at the Yakutat Lodge right at the airport. My boys and I really love staying at the cabins on ther river so it is very hard to leave early. However, I have been tempted to stay at Glacier Bear the night before departure - might do this the next time.

I'm partial to the Glacier Bear, only because I work as the ocean guide. That is a tough time to find a room in this town. I'm good friends with the guys that own the Red Roof too. I wish you the best of luck with the reservation, book ASAP

Default thanks

Thanks guys for the feedback. I ended up booking with Shirley's B & B. Seemed to be a good deal, considering the costs of other lodges, etc. Our plans are to stay with her before we fly out to Raven and Eagle Cabins, then stay with her when we return. Hoping to catch some halibut with her husband, or rent a suburban and surfboards and get a couple left handers. Should be a great way to spent some time in Alaska. Can't wait!!