Thread: broadhead target recomendations-

Default broadhead target recomendations-

What are you guys using? 3-d's, blocks, home made bales- need some advice to check fixed blade broadheads for ft. richardson moose and dalton grizz-

thanks guys!

I like the morrel, cheap and built to last

morrel here too, its worked the best and half the price

Default thanks guys

I am going to call sportsmans warehouse first-

good luck-

Default Block Target

I like using this target for shooting field tips or broadheads. Happy hunting

Default rhinehart

I like the rine harts if u are willing to spend the extra cash for a good target.

Rhineharts are by far the best 3d target, but I would never shoot a broadhead into one. That could get real spendy really quick.

Default Block, Black Hole, foam

I have had my Block for 4-5 years and even though I have had to take it apart and rotate sections.... it lives on.

Black Hole - Ok for field points and a few broadheads. Other than that it is a light, throw in the truck target.

A six inch piece of foam board works well or 2 thicknesses of 1 1/2" foam. More of a throw away target but cheap and you don't tear up the more expensive targets.

A burlap bag will with plastic shopping bags or better yet, shrink wrap also works well.

Default Rhinehart's

Rhinehart makes a 18/1 block type target that is very good and built for shooting broadheads into. They challenged the block to a $100,000.00 shoot off 2 years ago, and the block declined. Rhinehart went ahead and shot it and there was no comparison. It costs a little more, but definately worth the difference, and will last a long time.

i bought the yellow jacket target at Sportsmans for like $40, works excellent on broadheads. not for fp's tho.

Another Yellow Jacket shooter here. I got two seasons out of mine and now am getting shoot throughs with LOTS of broadhead shots.

Default Yellow Jacket Supreme B/H...at SW/Wasilla

Morrell makes a bag model target for field points, $63, but for broadheads, this Supreme model (see, http://www.morrelltargets.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=23)...lists for $90 and looks like what I saw at SW/Wasilla last week.

Just a few broadhead shots on my expensive mckenzie shotblocker and I am almost getting pass throughs so I bought a rhienhart. Wow that is one tough little target. Just DO NOT shot G5 T3 into as when you go to pull the arrows out the blades will come off in the target! My target now has three blades somewhere inside it. The rage broadheads to pull right out of it as to fixed blade broad heads. The rhienhart was expensive for its size but it is clear that it will last for years to come instead of a season or two. Have not used the new block target for a comparision.

I think the bag-type targets are primarily for field points. Broadheads will cut big holes in the plastic weave.
    Bales will eat your broads trying to pull them out.
    The best targets for broadheads are foams most guys listed above. The one Rhinehart with different angles is great if you want to walk around to different shooting angles (or tree) without moving the target. But for me, the cheapest works great.
    "We're all here cuz we're not all there"

rhinehart, broadheads pull easy, and they last almost forever. Also the glendell full rut buck is excellent with replaceable core and fun practicing too. It's my favorite go to broadhead practice before the hunt.

Another Rhinehart fan! I have the 18-1, works great for BH and FPs. It's small, so shoot well if you are out to 50+ yards. Rhinehart also makes a block-type target now, a bit bigger than the 18-1. That will be my next target. Both my Block and my YellowJacket are about shot out - lots of pass-throughs.

Another yellowjacket plug here. I am on my second one in 5 years and I shoot a ton as does my whole family. I absolutely love rhinehart target, but they are very spendy.I am currently building a permanent lifetime target out of old clothing with a wood frame and chicken wire. Not for broadheads but will never wear out for field points and two finger removal! It will not be portable though.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

I use two different ones for broadheads. My favorite is the 18/1 Rhinehart. I also have a Sportsman's Warehouse layered foam target that is big, heavy, and fun to shoot from a long way off. Layered foam is far cheaper, but i will go through 2-4 of them before I wear out the Rhinehart. The Rhinehart can hang from a rope in a tree (bounces), or tossed where it will roll after every arrow or two, constantly challenging you like a animal does :-) It is well worth the money...oh, it is far easier to remove a carbon arrow from the Rhinehart too.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather