Thread: Need some opinions on a bag

Default Need some opinions on a bag

Does anyone have this bag: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...649&id=0033456

I am tired of Kolpin products that may last a year. I know I use my stuff a little more that some folks but this stuff ought to last longer. I am interested in the above bag but would like some opinions. Thanks.
    EricL

Default El Crapo

My buddies and I all bought Mad Dog bags for a moose hunt a few years back. They were a more basic version then the one in question. They were a waste of money in my opinion. They all blew the zippers and the shell material ripped easly when it got cold. I rank them about the same quality as Game Hide rain gear which is another sore subject with me. I prefer using a large dry bag that has the shoulder straps and just bungee it down to the rack. It's more of a pain trying to look for something but it will stay dry and if you need the rack for something you can wear the bag while driving out.

I have that bag and absolutely love it! Plenty of room, water proof, and no zippers. In mine I would carry a complete box of tools, a set of raingear, food, usually four water bottles, a coat, goggles, tp, knives, bulelts, handgun, compressor, tow strap, camera, spare parts, and a bunch of other stuff. It's a large bag.

My atv was stolen last fall and this atv bag has been sitting in my garage ever since. The dog chewed off a small corner, maybe a nickel size hole. Otherwise it's in great shape, I barely had one summer on this bag. I'd be willing to let it go for $25. I'll post a pic.

Whoops, two small holes not one. You can see them in the picture. For $25 there wouldn't be much of a loss if you didn't like it. Heck I planned to sell it at that price at the garage sale we hope to have this year. These bags keep gear much more organized than a duffel bag.
    Attached Images Attached Images

check out "Tamarack" they have a line of rack bags, "No Zippers" they use industrail maganets. they also have boxes and a tube. I dont know what kind of warranty they have but they claim that thier boxes and bag are the tuffest in the industry. check out thier web site www.tamarackatv.com

Mad Dog bag is spoken for.

Bags suck The way they collect mud and the difficulty in washing it off is enough reason not to have one.
    Plano hardbox is the only way to go. Blast the mud off with a power washer easily. Makes the atv into a truck. Easy to get at stuff and has the added benefit of protecting you so ya don't get squished in a rollover
    Industructable. Mine has been thru multiple rollovers and bouncing endos down mountains. The best mod I ever put on my atvs. A bag is a bag, these boxs are forever. You can also strap stuff 3 feet high on top of them I don't like any of the other models out there either

Bags aren't much better than milk crates IMO

Plano hardbox: http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...=cat601649&rid=

I agree bags suck and boxes are better. I like to powerwash everything after riding and the contents of the bags would get wet every time.

I went with the medium aluminum model on the back of my Grizzly.

We have two of those large black diamond plate boxes sold by Cabelas on the back of our King Quads and they are nice.
    On my Arctic Cat I opted to buy one of those aluminum boxes sold by Alaska Raft and Kayak. This thing is huge and will hold everything. It is water proof and lockable as well.

PS: I have one of those large black bags for sale if anyone is interested. $50
    Tennessee

Never been a bag man either. Boxes are the way to go. I use action packers, much cheaper then the aluminum boxes.