Cubs/Pewees Shoot FREE
    (14 Target Pewee Course)

Sign-up at 8AM
    Shoo Gun Start at 9AM

All targets must be complete by 6PM
    NFAA Rules in effect

Pre-Register at Fletcher's Archery in Wasilla

Default great shoot

This is one of the best shoots of the year!

Just a side note: ASAA is offering a $25 individual membership this year, which does not include mandatory NFAA membership as in years past.

Here's the math:

Non-members: 2 days shooting = $40
    or
    become a member + 2 days shooting = $25 + $25 = $50

Your membership is good for an entire year and will get you reduced prices on all other ASAA shoots for the rest of the year as well. So if you plan to shoot even ONE other ASAA shoot before next April, it's worth joining ASAA. Not to mention that you will be eligible for placing, get access to the ASAA range, get an archery calendar...

Where is the ASAA range? Is that the one out by Rabbit Creek? What kind of distances are available?

Default Other Direction

Brain - it's at the MatSu College ... swing by and I can hand you some directions. As far as distance goes ... the furtherest will be about 100 yards (yes, that a one with two zeros after it).

Default some long shots but...

There are some long shots at this one but they are always a big targets. For example, the 101yd shot is at a 10ft tall foam snowman with a bad-attitude smile and a kill zone 2+ feet in diameter. That's part of what keeps this shoot fun! so practice at 100 yds, 88yds, and 73 yards. Or bring a few extra arrows!

Any of you from Fairbanks/up north planning to come down for this shoot? It's an hour north of Anchorage, which helps shorten the drive. Same goes for the State 3D shoot on the 3rd weekend of May, and the weather is usually pretty nice by then!

I think I will need to practice and bring a few extra arrows. I don't think there is a limit on how may you can carry.

No limit on how many arrows you can carry. No limit to how much fun you can have If you aren't comfortable with the shot you can always pass on it. The door prizes at this shoot are usually incredible. I have come away with a decent pack and a knife in the last 4 years. Come and have fun. My son and I will be there.

Here we are in '06..we are both a little heavier now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Missed it last year but the one the year before was a lot of fun. A lot of good people there. Go and you will enjoy yourself. You don't have to be a tournament shooter. It is good practice,fun,and a good excuse to get out. Get your bow out and go. Who knows you might bag yourself a snowman.

Default just my thoughts

Good luck to all who go shoot, great way to get the spring started, and to start thinking/talking about past/future hunts. Marcus go easy on the boys. Ill think of you as I am turkey hunting here in the midwest with my kids. Doug Ill see you at redding.

Default Almost time

I have been practicing out to 80 yards. Backing it up to 95 today. Farthest I can shoot at home, almost in the road.

The VAST majority of the shots are under 50 yards. Practice for those and you will be golden. There are only a couple long ones and the snowman is HUGE

Default Practice

I have seen a diagram of the yardages. Same yardage as the Redding shoot. I just needed to find the right point to aim from. I ran out of pins at 60 yds. Shooting off the inside edge of the lower portion of the guard for 80 yds. One target at 88 yds and one at 101 yds.

link to yardages for Redding (same yardage will be used for Spring Bear)
    http://www.straightarrowbowhunters.c...et_layout.html

Bump .......

Default note the start times!

The start times (reg. at 8am, start shooting at 9am) are different from many local shoots, so I thought I'd emphasize this so nobody gets caught out. I was asked what time this shoot starts yesterday and was thinking 10AM, so I'm gald i came back for another look!

This snow sucks! My wife and I are not going to let it stop us though. Hope to see you all there!

Markus

It might stop me. I'm on the fence right now. A 60 mile drive through this crap doesn't appeal to me for tomorrow morning.

This will make it more interesting now with the snow. You all have fun at there. Take lots of pics. Wish i was going.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default just my thoughts

Yall can keep the snow!!! Tear it up tomorrow Marcus/Jen--no mercy!!