Thread: Riding pain

Elmendorf AFB

Default Riding pain

I have not rode a bike in years and last week I rode with a buddy about 10 miles round trip and the next morning I could not feel my outer left thigh it was numb. Went to the doctor and I was told that the nerve that runs between the muscle in my thigh had been pinched. I was told that it would take a couple of weeks before the feeling came back. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem before? Its been almost two weeks and it is still numb. Also will this come back if I continue to ride and how long will it take to get the feeling back? Thanks for everything!

Eastern Oregon

I've never had that happen. Usually I hurt when I start riding. But I have heard that bad seats cause problems with pinched nerves. I wouldn't trade the seat I have for anything. My $.03 (due to inflation)
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

Palmer Alaska

I'm still using the hard leather saddle from my Delrosia touring bike because almost every other one I've tried gives me problems.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.