Thread: whittier kings

Default whittier kings

can anyone send a fellow fisherman to a place over there where he might happen into a king, I scouted out there last year and drug alot of herring around with no luck, please just lead me to the ballpark, i can figure it out from there

Default winter kings

I got a couple of white meat kings just west of Pigot point----bouncing lead head jigs off of the bottom in 50` of water. Was a few years ago, however!

Question

I haven't a clue where either. I did talk to a nice guy last year cleaning one in Surprise cove for diner, he said he caught it trolling in front of that cove.

Around Culross entrance.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Wink

I didn't get many details other than "right in front of Surprise cove". Who knows really all fishermen lie anyway right?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Myers View Post
    I didn't get many details other than "right in front of Surprise cove". Who knows really all fishermen lie anyway right?
    Over by cantmember creek...
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

i have only caught 2 kings in prince william sound in 2 years. caught them both first parts of may . may 10-15 around bald headed chris, there was a few jumping so i mooched up 2 got lucky. i haven't found a stream where they spawn or i would let you know. i have to get my kings out of first and second runs in seward.

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

we were waiting out the weather at granite bay in dangerous passage fishing for rockfish when i seen this king swim right by the boat. i casted a couple times in front of him trying to get a rise but no luck. he was close to the surface and swimming real slow, not sure what he was up to. i think this was mid to late may.

have heard south of pigot point and east of decision point tried 1-2 x years ago but really did not know how to fish for them. have seen boats fishing that area butnot sure if they were targeting them or not??????
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Off Pigot Point. Jig with lure. Fish deep. Beneath bait balls.

Default that is funny

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    Over by cantmember creek...
    man, there sure is alot of creeks and rivers names "cantmember"

Smile

Years back, I received a map of the salmon streams and top spots for shrimping from one of the presenters at the Sportsman show. This info is available from fish and game, might have to contact the Cordova office for PWS. Remember, the fishing changes day to day, someone's hot spot last week might be a dud the next, this is why its important to fish everyday all summer long and never work unless its winter!