Thread: looking for a small outboard motor

Exclamation looking for a small outboard motor

Hi, I am looking for a small outboard motor to push my raft around the lakes, I am willing to trade my services as a welder/metal worker in conjunction with some cash. or just cash.
    Thanks in advance, Dave

Default small motor

hey pfc dave
    was wondering which lakes you were talking about? if in anchorage they have a no gas motor on the lakes. myself i picked up a trolling motor to use and 2 deep cycle batteries. works well on the 11' smokercraft and is nice and quit. both batteries will last all weekend trollong for large trout and pike, and i can hit any of the lakes i goto. works well on sand lake because i can slip up on pike in the lillies and they do not shoot out of there. on low i can troll worms or spinners and pick up trout and char. was just a suggestion did not know if you thought of going that route. jeff

Default hummmm

How much do thouse trolling motors cost.

$100-$125 for base models of Minn Kotas at Sportsmans warehouse...I have 2 and do the same thing for area lakes...quite is the way to go whenever possible.

Default ?

i did some looking into, About how much thrust# do i need to push a 10' rubber raft with two people in it?

Default I think

the 30lb thrust model would be fine for trolling speeds. Just make sure your batteries are good and charged before you go, and take your oars.. Never forget the oars.. Hmmm.. yes experience says never forget the oars.. Have fun on the water..

Chris