Thread: Chessie

Default Chessie

Looking for a Chessie pup. Haven't had any luck finding breeders in Alaska. Anyone with any info?

Default Fairbanks

I bought one in Fairbanks around 1998. Can't remember the name of the seller. Had papers etc. Ended up being a VERY good dog! Hard headed as hell, but learned quickly and got my ducks for me. Lost him in the divorce and he stayed on a chain from then on. Pretty sad.

northway - Did your dog in 1998 come from Yukon Slough's Kennels?

A couple Chesapeake breeders are Wildwood Kennels in Tok (http://www.akwildwood.com/) and Nuka Bay Chesapeakes in Anchorage (http://www.nukabaychesapeakes.com/). There are other individuals who occasionally have puppies too.

There are also a lot of nice Chesapeakes in need of good homes through ACC Rescue (www.amchessieclub.org) and CBRR&R (www.cbrrescue.org). I'm an ACC RD (regional director) and would be happy to help you find a Chessie too.

Karen

Default Chessie

There is a guy in North Pole that has Chessies. He was the president of the North Pole retiever club but I just can not remember his name. His dog Gunner bred my dog Dee Dee about 5 years ago. Wish I could be more help that.

Default my chessie

Actually not sure if there was a name of the kennel. I believe the guy was Bill Pfister is my memory serves me right. There were some people here in Tok that had some very good Chessies. I will see if they still breed or not. I would like to get another, but have 2 chocolates now, so they will do for the time being! I did notice when I had my chessie, that he could stand the cold weather and temperature way better than the black labs. He wouldn't come out of the water while the blacks were shivering when they got out.

Default Chessie

The guys name in North Pole was Troy Thatcher. 488-9116

Smile puppy

The National Chessie Club website is www.amchessieclub.org from their you can find a reputable breeder. Their is currently an add by Linda Barber-Wiltse who has puppies for sale in Anchorage.