Thread: Bike Travellers need ride(s) ANC-Prudhoe bay early july

Default Bike Travellers need ride(s) ANC-Prudhoe bay early july

Hi all you Alaskans,

Not a hunting question, I know; I had posted this in the mountainbike forum, but Anchskier suggested posting it here, you might be able to help out.

we (Dutch guy and Argentinean GF) are going to start our bicycle trip (from Alaska to Argentina) early July.
    We are planning to arrive in Anchorage around the 7th July, will stay a few days and then want to head up so we can start at Prudhoe Bay/Deadhorse.

We are looking for rides:
    - Anc - Fairbanks & Fairbanks to Prudhoe Bay, around the 10th July.

We have two loaded bicycles (4 panniers each), so we need some space, but they can fit in a truck.
    I can drive if needed and we can share some gas costs if needed. I have plenty of stories to tell as well, have climbed the 7 summits, including beautiful Denali twice.

Other tips welcome as well!
    Many thanks in advance,

Harry, I would try to get in touch with some of the trucking companies for your Fairbanks to Prudhoe portion of the trip. Carlile and Lynden Transport are the main two. My cousin drives for Carlile and told me about the occasional request for drives to Prudhoe for journey's such as yours and they would attempt to accomodate. Another option is to get ahold of Airport rentals in Fairbanks and/or Anchorage and see if they need any vehicles driven to Prudhoe.

Good luck with your trip and be safe on the Dalton.