Thread: Valdez Halibut Charters

Default Valdez Halibut Charters

Who to go with any recomendations? I already tried orian charters and he's booked up I might have a shark charter lined up on the 27th of july(just waiting to hear back form the guy) but i want to go out on the 26th of july for halibut. This will be for 3 people and I would like to try for some big halibut tired of reeling in the chickens lol

I went out on a boat called the North Country. I can't remember the skipper's name but I am sure that others will chime in. His boat frequents the derby leaders and after about 20 minutes you can tell that he is pretty serious about fishing. He is also a pretty nice guy.

Default No Excuses

No Excuses is good, Northern Comfort is good too. They might all be filled up but you can be put on a cancellation list.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    No Excuses is good, Northern Comfort is good too. They might all be filled up but you can be put on a cancellation list.
    One thing is for sure: The really good boats fill up really fast, and then you are left with guys with no more fishing insight than I have going out and hoping. Event though I am not a charter captain, I come back with fish, but not like some of those guys do.

We went out with Capt. Dennis of the North Country in August of 2006. It was a slow day fishing, but with the contacts he made with the other captains he was able to put us on some halibut--largest was 35 lbs., lots of chickens, but he kept us out later than he needed to to help us bring fish home 150 lbs of Halibut. It sure tasted great!

Default North Country

My boat the North Country is semi-retired as I replaced it with the Otter Dodger on May 30, 2007. If you need to contact me go to my web site at www.fishvaldez.com Thanks Dennis Petre

Default Otter Dodger

I was looking at the boats in the storage area just in case a great deal happened up. Saw the Otter Dodger and thought, "What a cool name!"

Mine boat is in the water!!!

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Thumbs up charter

I went out with Dennis maybe 6 years or so ago, if you don't catch fish it won't be for lack of tryin that's for sure, his new boat looks awesome too, I'd recommend him. Oh by the way, he boated the derby winner winner last year too, 350 lbs. give or take. Luck
    Cody

Without a doubt, great boats do fill up fast - with fish and clients....

I have a charter lined up on August 4th with Reel Adventures on the boat No Excuses. There are 4 of us on the charter and as of last week they still had an opening for 2 more people. They are known for catching lots of big fish too. They can be reached at 907-835-3501.

thanks but I booked for July 26 with dennis sounds like he definitely know his stuff and then booked a shark charter with dan from seaclusion saltwater adventures on the 27 thanks for eveyones help and thanks dennis I will see you in July and hopefully we can get into some huge butt the only big butt i like lol.

Default Otter Dodger

I went out on the Otter Dodger last August. I have rather mixed reviews on this outfit. I can say that my "jigging" was not met with any enthusiasm. But I did "jig" and caught more fish than the other 5 people combined. We also baited a lot of our own hooks and landed our own fish. So, the fishing was good and we were in a good area. The service could've been much better. I wouldn't have been happy with a circle hook that day. Thanks!