Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bear Stands Pics

Default Bear Stands Pics

Hey guys not sure if this has already been done but I thought it would be a good start since the bear baiting is just around the corner. For the guys/gals who've taken pictures of your stands please post away (old or new) as we count down the days until the bear start showing up.

Thanks,

Richie

Thumbs up Bait Station

The Twins... and "Socks" - Bear Bait 2007.
    Cuddeback Game Camera
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stogey,

Ain't it fun when brown bears visit the bait? Was that the only one that you had showing up? Looks like you might have got some good pictures. Did you kill a black bear?

Red face Brownies

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Stogey,

Ain't it fun when brown bears visit the bait? Was that the only one that you had showing up? Looks like you might have got some good pictures. Did you kill a black bear?

Fortunately, that was the only non-black colored bear. He was surprisingly gentle. Came and went numerous times.

My son and I took a decent black bear... which turned into some great sausage and a rug!

Default bait site

Before the grizz ripped the barrel from the chain and crushed it like a coke can.

Default bear baiting

That's one thing I've never done, baiting for bear. But, I just turned 61 and my bones are no ****ed good anymore, arthritis, bad back and all. I am retiring to Willow a year from this July and once up there, I think I'd like to set up a station and take one that way. I'm sure there'd be a good area somewhere between Willow and points north. Is it possible to use a ground blind for this, taking care of human scent and making good coverage? Don't know if i could use a tree stand by then. I've used tree stands for deer and enjoyed it. I know a ground blind might be a little exciting to do, but there you go.

We have had a lot of grizzly activity. I love seeing them but we are going to change locations this year to get more of the blackies coming our way. (Hopefully) We've had the same sow griz with three cubs two years in a row and they have dominated the barrel. Baiting is fun!

AKDD ----Holy S*** how high were you for those pictures? Or did the camera make it look that way?
    Hhounds

Quote Originally Posted by Hhounds View Post
    AKDD ----Holy S*** how high were you for those pictures? Or did the camera make it look that way?
    Hhounds
    I was wondering the same thing. Looks like he is about 50' feet up or so!

I was only about 15' up but the tree is on the lip of a little gully so it makes it look a lot higher.

Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................... .I want to bear bait!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Default Sow w/ 2 cubs

Here is a picture a friend sent me from his trail cam lastyear. A nice sow with 2 very small cubs. Cub 1 in at the very bottom of barrel and Cub 2 is on the left side of barrel close to mom.

Pics from last year, showed the pics of the grizz to alot of people, most of the said it was one of the biggest interior grizz they had ever seen (that is a 55g drum). The other one is a hungry blackie from another bait station, cant wait to get back out this year.

Thumbs up Pics

Nice pics! Just wondering what cams you all use? I'm in th emarket for one but don't have a clue which one is a good match for me.

Default Cuddeback

Quote Originally Posted by mntransplant View Post
    Nice pics! Just wondering what cams you all use? I'm in th emarket for one but don't have a clue which one is a good match for me.
    I have a Cuddeback 3000 (3 megapixel).
    Now they have NoFlash and others... Pricey, but takes good pictures, good battery life, Compact Flash cards, takes video too.
    I've been real happy with mine.

Default Big Bear

Here is a big boy. Keep in mind the one where he is semi-standing he is in a pretty good sized hole from digging at all the grease. Second one has him in there with a sow behind the tree.
    • File Type: jpg 1.JPG (100.4 KB, 477 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (100.9 KB, 400 views)

Default Ward17 - Cam?

Ward17 - what type of game cam you using? I like the temp/moon phase on the shot. Pretty nifty.

Nice bear... can't wait to be in the stand!

Default trail cam

Stogey its a moultrie camera. Not sure the model because its a friend of mines. I have a moultrie as well but mine isnt as fancy and doesnt show the temp. I got mine on sale through Bass Pro Shop for around $60. Its very simple and easy to use.

Default Few Years Back

RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast