Thread: remote throttle contols for small outboard?

Default remote throttle contols for small outboard?

hi again,,,,i am looking for an outboard 4 stoke motor (4hp range) that can have remote throtle contols hook up to it?..does one exist?...i thought i read that a brand has it, but cant find one now!...any help appreciated! thanks larry

Default Working on it

I am hooking one up to the kicker on my Sea Sport. It is made by MAGMA Mfg. in Idaho. I already had the controller and had them send me the servo that bolts to the motor.

http://controllking.com

They respond the same day to emails and have answered my questions clearly and seem like a good outfit.
    I can't wait to try it out. I did the EZ Steer earlier and now have that dialed in. I'll be ready for the Winter King Derby next year.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

wow,,thanks BB...looks like the ideal set up!..so, it looks like i can hook this up to a new 4 hp 4 stroke merc, or any other make thats on the list!...thanks a million,,,can you keep me in touch with me after you try it out?..would love to hear back form you!! thanks larry

I'll be sure to let you know. I am going to throw some shrimp pots out one of these days and try it out trolling for kings in the sound.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

good thing i emailed them before i went out a bought a 4 hp merc and just read the parts list from the web site!!......after a few emails back and forth, the guy said.,oh- only works with external tanks..seems the servos wont fit in engines that have the internal gas tank in them.,,,but otherwise, they were very helpful....thanks again!..larry

hi again.,,,,tried out the throttle control last week on my small cartopper, just to see how it works!....easy install, had to fine tune the idle a bit, but have to say i'm impressed!...new kicker is a tohatsu 6 hp 4 stoke...larry