Thread: Anyone know...

Default Anyone know...

... when ice is usually off Cooper Lake?

Default LOL

Well don't plan for fishing on fourth of July weekend... we love Cooper Lake, head up over the creek with the four wheel drive and then around the lake for a private camp spot, but it was FROZEN SOLID in july... so no idea when it goes out...

Default my bad....

Quote Originally Posted by akpirate View Post
    Well don't plan for fishing on fourth of July weekend... we love Cooper Lake, head up over the creek with the four wheel drive and then around the lake for a private camp spot, but it was FROZEN SOLID in july... so no idea when it goes out...
    AKpirate was my husbands sign in ... and I mistakenly said fourth of july, what I MEANT to say, is... MEMORIAL weekend it was frozen solid. By fourth of July it is warm and sunny and full of people, but we fourby it out around the bend to get away.

sorry, was tired from 12 hour shift, my husband corrected me later and of course, laughed at my dorkiness... ahh the life of a tired brain dead nurse after a long shift... lol

The best place I find for catching fish is at the mouth of the creeks. Careful of the submerged ledges just under the water on the left hand end of the lake though with motors... canoes sometimes just skim the top of them if not careful...