Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eureka!

Default Eureka!

Anyone rode in Eureka lately. Thinking about heading up there next week. Anyone else headed that way?

Was there several weeks ago ... seem like the snow was better on the South side down toward the Nelchina glacier in wind protected areas i.e. spruce trees.

Thanks for the response. Were there bare spots on the North side hill tops?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbtide View Post
    Anyone rode in Eureka lately. Thinking about heading up there next week. Anyone else headed that way?
    Are you going to be trail riding or looking for deeper snow to play in on the north side? Those trails will be good for quite a bit longer. Most years well into May.

I will be trail riding with a little bit of off trail exploring to keep it interesting.

I went thru there to and from Arcticman just this past sunday, the snow looked deep to me. I wanted to stop and ride bad, but work comes first.

I was told there wasn't much snow by the people at Eureka lodge, they had got about a foot of new snow in the last week or 2 but it's been melting up there during the day.

These comments are not sounding too promising. Maybe I will call the lodge the end of this week and see if there is any snow left. Thanks

Ebbtide, just for your info the riding out of Petersville is still very good and they were getting more snow when I left there Sunday afternoon. Hatchers Pass might still be good too, call the Black Mountain Inn and see what they have to say.

I think I will do that. I was not looking forward to the Glen Hwy anyway. Be nice to get one more ride in before I park them.

Ha, they'll be snowmaching the trails back of Eureka for another month at least.

With a 2 foot base and not much left of the recent snowfall it won't make for good riding but knock yourself out. I've got reports of dirt poking through a lot of the trails, you should go ride your wheeler and post a report.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    With a 2 foot base and not much left of the recent snowfall it won't make for good riding but knock yourself out. I've got reports of dirt poking through a lot of the trails, you should go ride your wheeler and post a report.
    You wouldn't even make it out of the parking lot on wheelers now.

I was told there wasn't much snow by the people at Eureka lodge, they had got about a foot of new snow in the last week or 2 but it's been melting up there during the day.

No offence, we were also told there was no snow for arcticman, that could'nt have been farther from the truth. Eureka looks good to me, especially compared to kenai.

No offense taken, compared to Petersville the snow at Eureka is almost gone....

No offense taken, compared to Petersville the snow at Eureka is almost gone....
    Plan is for me and a friend to go in Saturday morning. I'll let you know the conditions. Of course I'm a Point A to Point B rider and could care less about finding great snow to play in.

Go ahead a post a report anyways, what can it hurt. I like to play on my sled and the deeper the snow the better.

I just checked the weather on MSN. Suppose to be a high of about 52 degrees in Talkeetna on Saturday. Tee shirt sledding?

I just got a first hand snowmachine report from back in Eureka. Good trails, good snow, rivers still frozen and minus 18 degrees. Like I thought, reports of spring grossly mistaken.

Thanks for the news. Sounds like I'm headed to Eureka this weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast