Thread: Eklutna Lake

Default Eklutna Lake

Has anyone ever fished this lake in during spring - Fall???

Wanting to take the family out more and also wanting to fish. Will have a canoe.

Thanks for any info!
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

can i make a suggestion? try beach lake for a family fishing trip. alot of trout 16"+ alot of trout 6-12" and a few grayling caatchable size. can back right down to lake then park in lot. wooded area police officer lives on lake very peaceful. if you go i can tell you the spots for non stop action, or you can troll for the larger fish. biggest i caught there was a 27" rainbow in 2002. just rember the limit is 5 fish anly 1 over 20"

Another great place is Long Lake on the Glen Hwy. Free camping and tons of fish. We have caught about 50 Trout in the 8 to 12 inch range in an afternoon. Your kids will have a blast! There are also good size Lake Trout and Burbot to be had.

Default Thanks guys

This is why I like the forum, I asked a question and got two great answers. Thanks for shering the info, Now I just have to get off the slope and it needs to warm up.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Eklutna used to get stocked with a lot of rainbows and it also has dollies and kokanee clear streams flowing in tend to concentrate fish from what I've been told.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.