Thread: campbell point lake

Default campbell point lake

hey guys just wanted to give an update. went out to beercan lake(campbell point lake) i caught and release 3 fish in the hour i was fising in thhe hole at end of dock. 20" 26" 24.5" they looked like arctic char but could have been landlocked salmon. seem very hungry for shrimp. just wanted you guys to know was a fun fight through the ice.

How thick was the ice? I have that park as an Adopt-a-Park and like to get over there when the ice starts breaking away to clean up in the shallow water. Unreal what people throw in there!

Yup,,those are our slob fisherman.Outta sight outta mind.Why carry it out when you can just drop in lake and watch it sink. Ive seen my share of beer bottles on the lake bottom while staring down thru my ice hole.

I put my drift boat in every spring and can fill several garbage bags with stuff I can get to with a 3 foot "grabber" while leaning over the side. I can imagine what is in the rest of the lake we can't see or get to without diving gear. What is just as bad, is the people that bring their dogs down there just to poop around the lake and leave. I once had a lady let her dog out of the car to "do it's thing" and I asked her to be sure she cleaned it up. I had a shovel and hoe in my hand as I was picking up lot's of other piles, and she told me "that's what you get paid for"! Of course I let her know there is a leash law and I am a volunteer. She left in a huff without picking it up. Too RUDE!

still got about 8 in ice . my knees are screwed up so i stay off the ice. yes you definatley have to watch where you step. but i ussualy take more than i bring but if no one has told you.....thanks for going above and beyond and cleaning up after lazy people. thank you jeff

Default No luck for me there today

I fished Sand lake for 3 hours this morning, then campbell for another two. Never got one fish. Used all kinds of bait and spoons. I have never been skunked on these lakes in 5 years of fishing them.

How on earth can someone confuse Char with Landlocked salmon? Char have light spots, salmon have black ones...
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

I cought one of those big chars last thursday on a pixie. The ice was 4/5 gone then and should be gone now.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Default Location

I still knew to the area even though I've been here almost 2 years. Where exactly is Campbell Point Lake. Is it Campbell Lake on the map? I haven't fished any lakes around town yet. Which ones are the best for fishing from the shore? All help is appreciated, thanks.

depend on how your fishing and what your fishing for. here is a link for maps to anchorage lakes: http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/state...on/MgtAreaID/1
    this should help. if you have anymore questions let me know. hope this helps.jeff

Thanks for the link it helps a bunch. Me and my wife want to get out and so some lake fishing. I live over here on West Diamond so we just wanted to try the lakes that are close and have Rainbows and char.

Default another lake to try

Is delong lake. It is right by the airport on Jewel lake road. I like to go there early in the am and fish off the docks. I just soak and egg on the bottom with my ultra light gear. I have had much success doing that early in the season before the weeds get so thick on the bottom. I have caught char a bows there up to from 6" to 22". If the dock is occupied just sit on the shore to the right of the dock as your looking at the lake and cast about 15 feet to the right of the dock.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Awsome, thanks for the info.