Thread: getting chicks shipped up

Default getting chicks shipped up

anyone done this before or does everyone just get birds from falcon ridge or what not
    pheasants
    quail
    chukar

I used to get adult birds shipped up from some place in california. They were quail. Just came in a box through the post office. Nice birds and flew well. I was amazed. Cheaper then buying locally too.l

When I brought my chick to Alaska, I couldn't just ship her. I had to fly down to California and bring her up in a UHaul due to the large amount of accessories.

Default shipping changes last year,

Last year it changed. You can no longer have them sent priority mail & then go pick them up at the airport p.o. You now have to have them sent overnight svc, which at a minimum doubled the shipping cost, I think I spent over $44 in freight on a box of quail & you still have to go the airport p.o. to pick them up.
    The strongest birds I ever found were from K&L Quail in Ca. The problem is by waiting this late she is usually sold out for the summer by now. However, they are great people & she will do her best to get you some if possible

OOOPS! - This is the hunting forum. Saw the thread topic and I was thinking of something else .

What are the prices you are paying for birds? Are there any other places that you know of besides K&L ? Thanks