Thread: Gene is back at Nrthern Security

Default Gene is back at Nrthern Security

I went by Nrthern Security and found that Gene is back at work - don't know when he returned.

I asked him about the retaining pin in the barrel lug for the ejectr plunger being too large in my 329 and he said he never seen the problem before. I'll take it buy perhaps tomorrow and see what he has to say.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

If you have a S&W problem send it back

Default S&W Repairs

It is a relatively minor fix - the hole is just drilled too large for the standard pin. I suspect someone at the factory just put the wrong drill in whatever machine drills the hole. Gene said he had never seen the problem before; I've never heard of it myself.

If I can find a piece of stainless steel drill rod that size I'll fix it myself.

Of course if S&W wants to pay for shipping both ways back to the factory it goes. I bought the gun new but second hand - I don't know how the warranty works for "used" guns.

Since Gene is the authorized warranty repair gunsmith for AK I'll see what he has to say first.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    If you have a S&W problem send it back
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK