Thread: weather info for your garden

Default weather info for your garden

This winter while I was thinking about this summer's garden, I got into looking at the weather trends around my house at
    www.weatherunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=99709

It is a great compilation of weather data by location. Like yearly averages for max and min temperature over the whole year. I especially like the personal weather station map and looking at the temperatures around my house - it is pretty darn cool.

It inspired me to get my own personal weather station, although I won't be able to connect it to the internet until next year.

Anyone else tracking weather for their garden? What are you doing?

Gina

I've used a weather log for fishing for years but not for gardening. Looks like we won't be able too get our garden off and running till next year but I think I'll start a weather/gardening log then, if nothing else it will help jog memories of that seasons adventures with plants.

BTW your dogs look very familiar are you in the valley? Eagle river?
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Default Fairbanks dogs and some more garden wx talk

Fishing weather....very cool. So, what did you record? Temp, Time, where? My current garden is on a slope, and one of the things I was really interested in recording is wind on that slope and temperature changes depending on the time of day. However, now we are going to move...so I don't know that I will get the chance to do that experiment.

Except for trips to visit family and friends, these 3 dogs are pretty much Fairbanks dogs. Although the two top/older dogs have passed on now. I am going to put in a memorial flower patch at our new place for them.

Speaking of gardens and weather....how about all this snow!!! Are any of you doing anything with it to help prep this year's garden? I have heard of people tilling late snow under the soil. It has made me think of water catchment, and figuring out how to rig one that doesn't care if it goes through some freeze/thaw.

I recorded time , date, barometric pressure, temp, cloud cover and wind direction size of average fish species landed and number of fish landed for my fishing log, I have data all the way back to the late 70's and my Dads log goes back to the 50's

Your pups have a set of twins down here.

The snow is frustrating all our outdoor plans, hopefully this is the last of it.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.