Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks Murphy, Brian and others

Thumbs up Thanks Murphy, Brian and others

Just a quick post to thank our Moderator and Forum Administrator for your swift and effective actions, banning Big Stick (BS) from the forum. In real life we just walk away from people who present in such a manner. We size them up real early on, and decide not to have anything to do with them...ever. However, in our favorite forum here, the only action we have is to not respond...that's how we walk away...except it doesn't work as well or as quickly in this format. Therefore, we needed your help...and you were there. Thanks again, and please hold to it. I'm glad he's gone, but I wish him well.

Swift and proper! Other forums should take note. +1 on Doc's post.

til later

Quote Originally Posted by 300S&W View Post
    Swift and proper! Other forums should take note. +1 on Doc's post.

til later
    DITTO HERE!!!
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Thumbs up

Another ditto

Thank you for your fast response. I enjoy reading the forum and have learned much from it. Your members have a great wealth of information to share with others. Thanks again.

Must be some kind of time record, not counting spammers. For a member being banned?

You fellows done good.

Good on ya!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Default Well done

But I gotta say, I find humor going over the audacity of some of his posts.

Big stick has been around on other pretty well known shooting forums for a long while. He backs up most he says which is more than most around these forums. Its too bad he was ganged up on by three other people who were not banned before you had a chance to really pick his brain.

Sometimes it just takes one person to be more the man and stop posting.

Nuff said on my part.

Gotta say I find humor in much that is posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by KenaiKing View Post
    Big stick has been around on other pretty well known shooting forums for a long while. He backs up most he says which is more than most around these forums. Its too bad he was ganged up on by three other people who were not banned before you had a chance to really pick his brain.

Nuff said on my part.
    I agree completely, some folks dont do stickenese too well and if he rubs you wrong its to see what you really know. The guy knows guns, bullets, ballistics and shooting theres no question about that. You just cant be so soft skinned in dealing with him or he'll hurt your pride and your feelings as what clearly happened here. I absolutley agree that many here could have strongly benefited from some of whats in his head but I knew from the git go it wouldn't last here. Really kind of sad!

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    I agree completely, some folks dont do stickenese too well and if he rubs you wrong its to see what you really know. The guy knows guns, bullets, ballistics and shooting theres no question about that. You just cant be so soft skinned in dealing with him or he'll hurt your pride and your feelings as what clearly happened here. I absolutley agree that many here could have strongly benefited from some of whats in his head but I knew from the git go it wouldn't last here. Really kind of sad!
    There is no doubt that he new some stuff. You encouraged me to just read and learn. I was going to do that after you helped me see the value but he sure did not last long after I decided to take your advice.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

If you want to read more of his stuff just go to 24hourcampfire forums he has over 26000 posts there before he was banned.

If you just want to read from the best gun,hunting and shooting forums check out accurate reloading. Many old hands there.

I frequent 24hour and AR because they have very tolerant mods and I like this site because it is still in its infancy and more revolved around Alaska. Seems to be a good mix of forums.

--------
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    If you want to read more of his stuff just go to 24hourcampfire forums he has over 26000 posts there before he was banned.

If you just want to read from the best gun,hunting and shooting forums check out accurate reloading. Many old hands there.

I frequent 24hour and AR because they have very tolerant mods and I like this site because it is still in its infancy and more revolved around Alaska. Seems to be a good mix of forums.

--------
    Heck the ragites, banned me with less than 200 posts, it was right after 911, and I was rather upset with the sand-people. Come to think of it, I still am.

I guess it just not pay to love America, as if I cared
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

I will say that he does have some interesting comments and he does seem to be a shooter with some skill. I can't say that he shows any evidence of knowing ballistics other than how to use a ballistics program. I would like to see more of his comments in a more respectful manner. He is banned for ten days. He and I will have a discussion before he comes back, should he desire to do so.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by KenaiKing View Post

Nuff said on my part.
    So we ganged up on him. I don't really care how much he or anyone else knows if they present themselves on this forum in such a manner as he did. And actually he was asked to back up what he said and he did not, only to repeat the same jargon. I suppose to some he would seem the sayer of sooth.

Do I or others owe you any back up here?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Tail Hunter 07 View Post
    Gotta say I find humor in much that is posted here.

It seems you have some disagreement with what is posted here?

What'd I miss?

Big Al,

I dont think they ban people anymore. It is darn hard to get banned nowadays.

I doubt BS will add anything that he hasent said a thousand times at 24hour.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Didn't need Wikipedia for that.

Ganged up on him???? You got to be kidding. Go back and read the Match the Bullet to the Cartridge thread. All he wanted to do was argue. I tried numerous times to engage in a productive discussion with him, but he would have no part of it and became quite disrespectful. I have nothing to learn from disrespectful people. He has some knowledge.... so what...if he cant find a way to effectively convey it, it's useless. He also showed some great ignorance. Weight isn't a factor in BC???? That's kindergarden shooting knowledge. If and when he gets back maybe he'll be different. Maybe he had a few too many beers.

BTW, I think this is a great forum and I appreciate the opportunity to play here, especially being a forienger so to speak. I have learned a lot and what I have learned will make me a better loader and shooter.

Thanks,

Mark

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast