Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Boats

Default Air Boats

Just kinda curious what kinda props you push your boats with. ( stump pullers, 3 blades ,4 blades,) pictures? I run both jet boats and airboats.
    16' gator here. E.S.

I have a 16x6 Alaskan Airboat with a 350 2.1 reduction, prop is a three bladed masterblaster. I do miss the old airboat my family had that was powered with a 912 rotax and two bladed ivo.

Right now I'm running an 82 3 blade Stump puller ,But with this new motor I'm looking at the 4 blade.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default Hub adapter?

Do any of you guys no where to get a hub adapter for a direct drive 350?
    Need to go from a 72" Whirlwind Super Snapper to a newer chevy 350 with the 3" bolt pattern on the crank. I have one to fit the older 350's with the 3-3/4" bolt pattern if anyone is looking. This is a project boat, dont really have any airboat experience. Thanks. CN

Quote Originally Posted by CaptNemo View Post
    Do any of you guys no where to get a hub adapter for a direct drive 350?
    Need to go from a 72" Whirlwind Super Snapper to a newer chevy 350 with the 3" bolt pattern on the crank. I have one to fit the older 350's with the 3-3/4" bolt pattern if anyone is looking. This is a project boat, dont really have any airboat experience. Thanks. CN

CaptNemo ,

Go here you should have no problem in someone finding you one here.

http://www.southernairboat.com/phpBB3/index.php

Default airboat

I am running a 3 blade 80 inch master blaster on a 18x8 foot boat. I have a 2.38 reduction. Chad

Default 14'

I am in the process of buying a 14' with a 540 Lycoming w/ 3 blade metal prop. Haven't got to run it yet due to ice in river.

Quote Originally Posted by AkGrumpy View Post
    I am in the process of buying a 14' with a 540 Lycoming w/ 3 blade metal prop. Haven't got to run it yet due to ice in river.

Ice makes you go FFFFFAAAAASSSTTTEEERRRR ----------->

Default 14'--?

Man that thing should be scary How wide is it?
    Roger-always wanted to do the ice thing. There was a scene in one of the die hard movies I believe. Cant remember what movie it was, looked like fun, maybe one of these days E.S.

Default Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Ice makes you go FFFFFAAAAASSSTTTEEERRRR ----------->
    I may try the ice thing next winter. Want to learn how to run it in water first..

Can't remember the width. Was like 6'5" or something close.. Will try to post a picture when I figure out how..

Default 14'er

Here is a picture of it..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Airboats

You know with all of these airboats in the Anchorage, Eagle River and Wasilla area we should try to pick a day this summer and meet at Knik River. That way we could meet, see some different set ups and get some contacts.

Call Leonard at Alaska airboats they always have a big group ride ,It should be soon. Cool to see 10-20 airboats going up river of all shapes and sizes.

Here is a picture of my boat.

No that good looking kid and gal is not me.
    Last edited by MacGyver; 04-15-2008 at 12:39. Reason: disclamber

Default Nice boat Moose

I noticed your pumping water out of the boat, the reason I noticed this is the one I run leaks all the time. I know that this happens because of the way the teflon was installed. Would spraying something like rino-liner inside help with this? Always asking,lol E.S.

I have two drains in the back, if I do not seal the drain plugs correctly they will leak. As far as I know the bottom does not leak and I have uhmw on the bottom. I should fill the boat with water and make sure. If I had a leak I would remove the screw, weld the hole closed and put in a new screw.

I forgot to mention it has a Chevy. sb 350, 295/330 hp, 6 blade warp drive, 2:1 reducer.Heated seats, Navcom fuel flow/gps, winch, trim tabs, intercom, VHF and CB radio that are wired through the intercom so I can talk as I am running down a river.

I did not build this boat, but I have rebuilt, replaced, or added, the windshield, engine, wiring, prop, bottom, cage, steering, and uhmw.

A few questions.

What's the advantage of the warp drive compared to some of the larger three bladed conrfigurations on the market, or visa versa? ie whirlwind props et al.

How difficult is it to replace the poly yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    A few questions.

What's the advantage of the warp drive compared to some of the larger three bladed conrfigurations on the market, or visa versa? ie whirlwind props et al.

I do not think there is one besides the price . The bigger and wider the blade the more push you are going to get that's why they came out with the 4 blade ,My friend has a warp drive and he says he likes the wider blades because they are a little more quite and better on fuel.

As far as the poly , unless it's loose or the pump can not keep up I'd leave it alone. I have never seen an airboat that does not leak (Seep for the politically correct )

Default Props

Hi There new to this site one thing you will find with the master blasters I run a 2 to 1 and A three blade master blaster max rpm 4500 my boat weigh in about 4000 and I run ground A lot, It works just fine. The Warp Drive you will find sound like a bee but they do push, Its All in what you want, Me i sell the whirlwind props and love them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    A few questions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast