Thread: Lake Louise Lake Trout

Supporting Member

Default Lake Louise Lake Trout

Has anyone fished Lake Louise for Lake trout when the ice first goes out? I would like to try trolling for some Lakers as soon as the lake opens up and would appreciate any tips/advice.
    Thanks!
    AK Guns N Stuff

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

thats about the best time you can fish the lake for lakers. when ice first goes the fish are cruising the shallows near the shore. dont have to fish too deep, as summer wears on the heat drives the fish deep. good luck

When the ice goes out look for sandy shorelines and fish shallow with Kwikfish or Flatfish in the larger sizes. Run your boat in a "S" pattern and don't think you are too shallow. Run your lures 125' to 150' back and hang on. I have caught trout in water where my prop was digging sand.
    I believe that they come in the sandy shallows to rub the leaches that attach themselves to them during the winter.
    Concentrate your efforts from 2' to 10' and make sure you have a temp guage. You are looking for water in the 49 degree range.
    The best beaches have streams entering them. The previous world record came from a spot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spike9542003@yahoo.com View Post
    Has anyone fished Lake Louise for Lake trout when the ice first goes out? I would like to try trolling for some Lakers as soon as the lake opens up and would appreciate any tips/advice.
    Thanks!
    AK Guns N Stuff
    I have. The biggest rapala you can buy seems to work, as do k-15s like you would use for kings. There are a lot of fish in that lake and the first few days are a lot of fun.

Default daredevels

we go up there every year, we mostly use daredevils, last year in 4 days we brought 82 lakers to the boat, that is not bs, we kept one, 40 incher

Default Boat Rentals

I was wondering is there is anyone at lake Louise that rents boats? That spring lake trout fishing sounds like fun.